NHL Anti-Thread: Bad Business Decision Aggregator

The_Admiral

Apparently a tentative agreement has been reached. Can't remember the guy's name. There's no mention of it anywhere on NHL.com or the Coyotes website

Jamison. And it's not really a tentative deal. It requires the city to provide Jamison with over 92 million dollars in "management fees." It's essentially the same deal that Hulsizer tried to buy the team under last year. The same plan that the Goldwater Institute and taxpayers rightly threatened to tie up in court for years. They would presumably do the same again this time. So this "deal" is already DOA. It's just another excuse to keep selling readily available playoff tickets to a region that couldn't care less...

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/news/archives/2012/05/4941_coyotes_sold_ma.html

Sounds like the "announcement" is that they're trying to work on a deal unless someone gets in their way. Slam dunk.

Oh my God! That's Michelle Bachmann's music!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sounds like the "announcement" is that they're trying to work on a deal unless someone gets in their way. Slam dunk.

Oh my God! That's Michelle Bachmann's music!

You mean she's moving to Arizona?

...oh, damn. Way to get up my hopes.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

So, not only would Glendale have to dish out $92 million in subsidies over 5 years, but Ken Campbell of The Hockey News reports the deal on the table right now would leave Jamison free and clear after those five years to sell or move the team. Which means that, even if this passes the legal test (and it shouldn't, since it sounds like an ugly hybrid of the Reinsdorf and Hulsizer proposals), once 2017 rolls around, Here We'll Go Again.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yes, and at this point, a tentative deal carries all the positive certainty of the all-conference mathlete announcing his intentions to bang the prom queen. This is just something to juice ticket sales for the next round. Wake me when pen gets put to paper and Goldwater holds back their lawyers.

Lay off us mathletes!

I hope this really is the end of all of this. I understand others opinions but as a born and raised Phoenian I couldn't be happier for the possibility of this really happening and couldn't be more pumped for the Western Finals. I know the hate will continue but you can't question the determination of this team.

PopHeading-1.gif

Yes, and at this point, a tentative deal carries all the positive certainty of the all-conference mathlete announcing his intentions to bang the prom queen. This is just something to juice ticket sales for the next round. Wake me when pen gets put to paper and Goldwater holds back their lawyers.

Lay off us mathletes!

I was speaking from experience.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I hope this really is the end of all of this. I understand others opinions but as a born and raised Phoenian I couldn't be happier for the possibility of this really happening and couldn't be more pumped for the Western Finals. I know the hate will continue but you can't question the determination of this team.

I hear that. It's about time this team gets some of the credit it deserves... but more so, it deserves a more stable franchise. Such a hard-working team and it takes some incredible mental toughness to play through such ownership turmoil and win two playoff series. :censored: the haters.

Lay off us mathletes!

I was speaking from experience.

Nice avatar. Go yotes.

Remember that time coyotes fans were outspoken, proud, and attended home games with regularity?

Oh yeah, this thread.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

What hardship? Has the league been kiting checks while we weren't looking?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Shane Doan threw a huge bitch fit and threatened not to report to Winnipeg if the team moved there, any talk of the Coyotes handling their uncertainty with quiet dignity can be shoved up an array of asses.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Shane Doan threw a huge bitch fit and threatened not to report to Winnipeg if the team moved there, any talk of the Coyotes handling their uncertainty with quiet dignity can be shoved up an array of asses.

Seriously?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Remember that time coyotes fans were outspoken, proud, and attended home games with regularity?

Oh yeah, this thread.

Just because someone isn't vocal about their thoughts on a message board doesn't mean we don't exists. Can you honestly look at this thread and blame a coyote fan for staying out of it? Until very recently there has been very little positive things for myself to post regarding this situation so unlike some people I decide to keep my complaining, whining, and overall sour grapes to myself. Things are finally starting to move in a positive direction and I finally have something to post about. All of you already have your mind made up. I honestly believe if they found an owner who agreed to pick up all the debt many around here would still find something to complain about and would continue to hypothesize in the collapse of the entire Glendale area.

Keep the hate and ridicule up. Hopefully the Yotes will continue winning and find an owner so some people will still have something to complain about.

PopHeading-1.gif