fouhy12's 2015 NFL Re-Design (32/32 - 49ers and Titans)

fouhy12

I'm not really a fan of the northwestern stripe; I feel that if any team besides Northwestern is going to use it it should only be the Giants. I've always really liked that yellow helmet they have and that paired with yellow pants is gorgeous. I would also either make the white pants a more prominent feature or eliminate them completely.

The Steelers actually have a history using the Northwestern stripe that goes back to 1935. I figured the best way to construct a stripe that fits on the modern sleeve would be to use the Northwestern stripe because the franchise has a history using it. I came up with the idea from these uniforms:

1962_Pittsburgh.png

The Giants are not the only team that has a history of using it. The Cardinals and Steelers have both used the Northwestern stripe prominently in their history.

Would you like me to post some more combos using the white pants?

Can you do the Bucs?, if so I have a few suggestions, remove the orange and the stupid alarm clock numbers

I'll post them next, once I get some more feedback on the Steelers. If you don't like the orange, you may not like what I made for them.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you do the Bucs?, if so I have a few suggestions, remove the orange and the stupid alarm clock numbers

I'll post them next, once I get some more feedback on the Steelers. If you don't like the orange, you may not like what I made for them.

He's posted the same thing on anyone doing NFL concepts.

I'd say do a grey/silver alt.

I'll put that together, I think it could look good. I'll take off the checkered pattern for the Lions.

Since your taking suggestions on the next team please do the Steelers and I hope you didn't try to incorporate red or blue into the color scheme or the diamonds in the logo onto the uniform. Also I think the checkered pattern should be removed from the Lions.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS (19/32)

The Steelers are the perfect example of how modern templates and jersey cuts can affect sleeve striping. As much as we would all like to make the current striping fit, there really isn't a way to do it well as sleeves keep shrinking and shrinking. It is time to adapt and move forward by changing the striping pattern. To find inspiration for this new pattern, I looked to the past. Specifically, the 1962 Steelers. I created a new uniform set that brings together the best of both the 1962 and 2014 sets.

VbjfhZc.jpgAtEiEy3.jpgJUw6MFO.jpg

To go with the primary set, I added both a yellow helmet and white pants as homages to the past. The helmets and pants can be mixed and matched in any way you want, but I am posting the three I like best here so there aren't too many pictures.

yq9wOTg.jpgnnkHlJa.jpgd692AFN.jpg

I can appreciate these not being gaudy and tacky, but here are a few things that I would like to see change:

- Change the outline around the logo back to gray on the black helmet. The gold is a little much.

- Needs helmet numbers

- Move chest logo to the other side of the chest

- Get rid of the yellow sleeve caps

Otherwise I can appreciate it. And out of all honesty, with your representation, I actually like the gold helmet more overall, so I'd get rid of the black one all together.

I hate to see them lose their current sleeve stripes, but I like pretty much everything else here.. I'm one of the few who prefers their current number font, but yours works too, although the one-color italicized numbers are just so "Steelers" IMO.. And I'd prefer the striping on the white pants to be B/Y/B, but I LOVE the yellow sleeve caps and overall look you've created here.. Nice work

Tampa Bay looks really good. Great fusion of eras. I really like the elimination of silver; I also like the shade of pewter that you chose over what they currently wear. Thank Goodness you got rid of the alarm clock font!

Acts 16:31 - And they replied: "Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household."

John 3:16 - "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father, except through me."

I REALLY want to like that helmet stripe.. It's gorgeous (and I always LOVED that pants stripe on the previous set), but I'm just not sure how well it works for TB.. Something about the flowing motion of the flag logo with both smooth and sharp edges just doesn't quite mesh with the straight, structured stripe.. I think Arizona and New England have a similar issue (also Tennessee, which is probably why theirs is tapered).. I think it's one I'd just have to see on a real life, 3D helmet to truly judge it.. I don't feel like it would work too well, but I definitely want it to.. I love the way the red transitions to the lighter orange on their old pants and away jerseys, so if it works on the helmet, it would look amazing

It really is amazing how removing or adding the tiniest details can make a uniform worst to first like you did with TB. May I suggest a Florida-Bowl and do Miami next

Thanks! Miami will be up next.

Tampa Bay looks really good. Great fusion of eras. I really like the elimination of silver; I also like the shade of pewter that you chose over what they currently wear. Thank Goodness you got rid of the alarm clock font!

Yeah, the alarm clock font is an abomination. I'm glad you like the fusion of eras because that is what I was trying to go for.

I REALLY want to like that helmet stripe.. It's gorgeous (and I always LOVED that pants stripe on the previous set), but I'm just not sure how well it works for TB.. Something about the flowing motion of the flag logo with both smooth and sharp edges just doesn't quite mesh with the straight, structured stripe.. I think Arizona and New England have a similar issue (also Tennessee, which is probably why theirs is tapered).. I think it's one I'd just have to see on a real life, 3D helmet to truly judge it.. I don't feel like it would work too well, but I definitely want it to.. I love the way the red transitions to the lighter orange on their old pants and away jerseys, so if it works on the helmet, it would look amazing

I definitely see what you're saying, and I have an idea for a tapered stripe that would work really well on the helmet and pants but keep the same idea of the stripe I've got now. You'll see it when I post updates later on.

I actually wouldn't mind if these were their uniforms. I like how you took out alarm clock numbers and also that you made the logo smaller.

This is what the Bucs should have done! Also great job on Pittsburgh the only thing I have a problem with is the white pants.

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments!

Any more comments?

Miami Dolphins (21/32)

With my re-design, I kept my favorite parts of the new uniform: the logo and the new aqua. Then, I added more orange and used a modern font to bring together a look that works really well for Miami.

LY0teT3.pngepzyEZ9.jpgJr2NaO6.jpg

I want to post an NFC team next, so the options are Vikings, Bears, Cowboys, Giants, 49ers, or Seahawks.

nice work on the dolphins.. 1 small change i think would help kill 2 birds with 1 stone - make the DOLPHINS wordmark orange on the aqua jersey... it would add even more of the underused color, and it would also cause the wordmark to not "stand out" quite as much (i'm not a big fan of chest wordmarks in football - which is what i love about the older/more traditional uniforms)... but otherwise, i 'm a huge fan of this dolphins concept!

Archived