Sign in to follow this  
ECUFan25

US Bank buys New Vikings Stadium naming rights for 220 million dollars

TCF Bank Stadium and now US Bank Stadium. Would Target like to sell its rights to the baseball stadium?

I suppose American Public Media Stadium was a bit of a longshot.

TCF Bank Stadium and now US Bank Stadium. Would Target like to sell its rights to the baseball stadium?

no..Walmart. Wait, don't they make walls there?

I don't see anything wrong with selling the naming rights to the stadium, considering just about every other NFL stadium is the same way.

Yea there really isn't nothing wrong with this. The name is reasonable, although lengthy, and US Bank already has naming rights to the arena in Cincy. This was seen as a foregone conclusion ever since they broke ground.

I like to live in an alternate branch world so I'm wondering, what other companies bid on naming rights?

This is kinda disappointing. First the ugly design and now the name. I was hoping (and thinking) it would be named after Minnesota company, like Polaris Stadium or 3M Stadium.

Edit: Just looked it up and turns out US Bank is headquartered in Minneapolis. I still like the two names I mentioned better though.

I wish they named stadiums here like they do english soccer great names like Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Loftus Road, and Anfield.

I wish they named stadiums here like they do english soccer great names like Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford, Loftus Road, and Anfield.

...and Emirates Stadium, Etihad Stadium, KC Stadium, American Express Community Stadium...

So that leaves just 6 NFL stadiums without corporate naming rights deals.

Lambeau Field

Soldier Field

Arrowhead Stadium

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Paul Brown Stadium

Georgia Dome.

I imagine the new Atlanta Stadium will have a corporate sponsor once it nears completion. Perhaps The Home Depot will use the money that it used to sponsor the #20 NASCAR team and apply it to the new stadium.

Lambeau Field

Soldier Field

Arrowhead Stadium

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Paul Brown Stadium

Georgia Dome.

I imagine the new Atlanta Stadium will have a corporate sponsor once it nears completion. Perhaps The Home Depot will use the money that it used to sponsor the #20 NASCAR team and apply it to the new stadium.

But wouldn't the Dome have to get permission from Georgia to name it the GEORGIA Dome?

Also, if you switch the first letter on both stadiums they still sound like banks! TSbank, and (cringes)UCF Bank :puke:

This is kinda disappointing. First the ugly design and now the name. I was hoping (and thinking) it would be named after Minnesota company, like Polaris Stadium or 3M Stadium.

Edit: Just looked it up and turns out US Bank is headquartered in Minneapolis. I still like the two names I mentioned better though.

Polaris Stadium: Get a Better View!

Lambeau Field

Soldier Field

Arrowhead Stadium

Ralph Wilson Stadium

Paul Brown Stadium

Georgia Dome.

But wouldn't the Dome have to get permission from Georgia to name it the GEORGIA Dome?

Also, if you switch the first letter on both stadiums they still sound like banks! TSbank, and (cringes)UCF Bank :puke:

Considering its owned by the State of Georgia, no permission required.

When the White Sox sold their naming rights in 2003, it was a huge deal to me and my friends/family. The name sounded so awful to us - US Cellular Field. Now it sounds completely normal and we don't bat an eye at "US Bank Stadium." That's a shame. I'm sure that within ten years, the legacy names will get the Rose Bowl treatment, such as "Fenway Park presented by Lowes."

I still call it Comiskey Park, even though I guess it's been U.S. Cellular Field longer now. Rosemont Horizon, Sears Tower, Northwest Tollway, Calumet Expressway, Fox 32 (though I guess they're calling it that again). stubbornness \m/

I agree. I still say Sears Tower and Rosemont Horizon. My point was more about how awful the name sounds in and of itself. I never had a problem with the United Center name because it sounded like a thing. And some of the other names of the late '90s weren't bad (Coors Field, Ford Field, Staples Center). But something seemed so awful about US Cellular Field or M&T Bank Stadium (that one still sounds weird). But it seems in general we're more immune to these crappy alphabet soup names now. And actually, I call it "the Cell". I think I begrudgingly accepted the name largely because the renovations done with the money drastically changed the park and made the experience so much better. I associate New Comiskey with the giant blue upper deck and sterility. Plus, it was a bit of a slight to the original park to associate the blue elephant with that name.