Cougar Logo

CreamSoda

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the circle really helps the logo:

25r0eIH.png

I like this a lot. It makes for a really nice logo. However, something seems off with the outlines of the cougar. There are some unnecessary blotches here in there that interferes with the cleanliness and flow of the illustration. I know I'm being nitpicky, but I feel like if you clean up the logo a bit, you'll have a strong logo here. One of the things that Fraser Davidson does with his logos is that he revises the outline by creating another layer over it and tracing it to make it look simpler and cleaner.

The eyes still need a bit of work here. The left eye facing the viewer is fine. Could be a little more fierce. But even so, it's good the way it is. The right eye, however, is a little off. I feel like if you rotate it a bit, it will look more fierce and may line up even better without it looking like it has a lazy eye.

The top teeth should be aligned a bit more with the nose. Don't be afraid to create a layer over the image for reference lines. It needs to be moved over to the right a bit to align with the rest of the head.

Sorry if I went a little bit overboard with the criticism, but I see that you are making improvements. But you can make even more improvements with the things I mentioned. I can't wait to see the final revision on this. Keep it up. You are doing really well.

• 3 weeks later...

Made some tweaks to the logo: This color is more in line with what I wanted originally. The eyes have been adjusted. I just don't like the look of pupils so I took them out. Tweaked the shadows to better show the fur.

x4JiwWW.png

I think you should also add the incisor teeth on the bottom of the jaw as well as the top. It just doesn't look right having an empty gap next to the bottom fangs and I am a fan of the cougar in a roundel style logo. The colour changes look much better. I still think it needs pupils of some sort. I really like the logo above just missing those two things.

More updates, added more fur and shadowing. Much more eye details.

Any feedback? I feel this is getting close and really appreciate the help so far!

1qmXhec.png

And a close up of the Cougar itself:

0LLZ7AA.png

It's not bad, but it doesn't do much to Wow me either. The colors are pretty drab, it's not very dynamic, and the cat look like it's either yawning or trying to smile but just can't quite do it. Maybe hacking up a hair ball or something. I know that you've put a lot of effort into the eyes, but they still look off somehow. I notice that you tried to make them look moist, but now it makes it look like its about to cry with the reflective streak in front of the pupil. It really looks like it's welling up. Plus the blue pupils are harder to distinguish from the brown background. It almost gives the appearance of the eyes being glazed over, they just don't POP like they should. Also the the teeth look too big for its mouth. Oh, and I'm not sure what you're reasoning behind the name was, but I don't think ''Cougars'' is the best name for a team. Could be referring to a sleazy women's organization.

Anyhow, something to consider.

Any feedback? I feel this is getting close and really appreciate the help so far!

1qmXhec.png

0LLZ7AA.png

It's not bad, but it doesn't do much to Wow me either. The colors are pretty drab, it's not very dynamic, and the cat look like it's either yawning or trying to smile but just can't quite do it. Maybe hacking up a hair ball or something. I know that you've put a lot of effort into the eyes, but they still look off somehow. I notice that you tried to make them look moist, but now it makes it look like its about to cry with the reflective streak in front of the pupil. It really looks like it's welling up. Also the the teeth look too big for its mouth. Oh, and I'm not sure what you're reasoning behind the name was, but I don't think ''Cougars'' is the best name for a team. Could be referring to a sleazy women's organization.

I don't really think cougar has that immediate connotation, at least to me. The name is fine and if the author wanted some alliteration its perfect

1qmXhec.png

0LLZ7AA.png

It's not bad, but it doesn't do much to Wow me either. The colors are pretty drab, it's not very dynamic, and the cat look like it's either yawning or trying to smile but just can't quite do it. Maybe hacking up a hair ball or something. I know that you've put a lot of effort into the eyes, but they still look off somehow. I notice that you tried to make them look moist, but now it makes it look like its about to cry with the reflective streak in front of the pupil. It really looks like it's welling up. Also the the teeth look too big for its mouth. Oh, and I'm not sure what you're reasoning behind the name was, but I don't think ''Cougars'' is the best name for a team. Could be referring to a sleazy women's organization.

I don't really think cougar has that immediate connotation, at least to me. The name is fine and if the author wanted some alliteration its perfect

Archived