Houston Rockets: A Merging of Eras

QThaGAWD

Hello everyone and thank you for visiting this thread.

this will be a short concept that ill be doing of the Houston Rockets.

I like the Rockets current logo for the reasos that it is simple and simple is always good but its missing the creativity of the old logos so i decided to do a mash-up of a few of the logos. it isnt done yet but i would love some C&C on what can be improved (i will be adding a rocket into the logo so dont say "ADD A ROCKET") but i will accept any response if you dont think it needs one.

the 2 logos i chose to merge with the current logo are the San Diego Rockets & The 72-95 Logo(Championship era)

Logos pictured below

San Diego:

old%20school%20rockets%20logos_zpsxgbbuy

72-95 Championship era:

eigv3ra8cjkojrywrgcvy6z29_zpsenxtgiyx.gi

i went with the colors of the 95 logo and the negative space in the san diego logo i added to the new one.

now without further ado heres version 1.0 of the logo i came up with.

New Logo:

new%20rockets_zps59yjdhqa.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

^^ That wasn't an insult, he is just saying that if you refined and cleaned up your designs, that they could look even better. I have to agree with him, this is a good start, but I would suggest cleaning it up a little to enhance the overall quality of the design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I agree with the previous posters. It's a great idea, it just needs a little refining. I would start by making the curve of the word mark match that of the circle and sharpen some of the edges. I would also add some alternate logos, I'd love to see the San Diego rocket incorporated somehow. Overall, I really like where it's headed.

what dont you guys not understand about "Version 1.0"? its not done it will get cleaned up, this was a mock up i did in 15 minutes after i drew the initial design in my sketch pad. and him saying "With better skills" is obviously an insult but thanks for your "C&C" anyway ill post the second draft tomorrow

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Well, your lack of grammar and capitalization is certainly clouding your message. Additionally, I'd note this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99534-new-concepts-forum-guidelines/?p=2273028

*Before posting a concept, please take some time to truly look at it and see if it's "ready for prime time." If a concept looks like it took five minutes to make, don't post it. There are numerous resources available here, such as fonts and templates, to help make your concept shine. Posting a football jersey concept with Arial numbers isn't going to fly.

If it truly took you 15 minutes, a concept probably isn't ready for the boards.

Well, your lack of grammar and capitalization is certainly clouding your message. Additionally, I'd note this:

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99534-new-concepts-forum-guidelines/?p=2273028

*Before posting a concept, please take some time to truly look at it and see if it's "ready for prime time." If a concept looks like it took five minutes to make, don't post it. There are numerous resources available here, such as fonts and templates, to help make your concept shine. Posting a football jersey concept with Arial numbers isn't going to fly.

If it truly took you 15 minutes, a concept probably isn't ready for the boards.

the point of posting it was to get C&C on the design and i got that so thank you :sleeping:

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

I like this design. A lot.

The fact that it took him 15 minutes is irrelevant. I'm basically going to repeat what the OP said, but... he was posting a general idea for a design to get feedback. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He wasn't saying, "this is my final design, I spent forever working on it, I'm resistant to change, so if you don't like it, deal with it." He is basically showing us a basic design idea and asking for our thoughts on it. He might modify it, he might not. That's up to him.

That post from the "Concept Guidelines" is more for obvious trolls and people who post without even putting thought into a design. I've seen the kind of concepts that that forum post is referring to, and this concept here is not one of them. The OP here clearly is not trolling and did put thought into his design.

It's a good design in general. I actually think the font looks kind of cool "rough around the edges," like you have it. You can try to smooth out letter if you want. I think that's what people were talking about.

The yellow helps the logo out a lot, too. I don't think I would add silver, because I think that would clutter up the logo, but you can experiment with that if you want to address some peoples' requests.

Regardless, it's a vast improvement over what they currently use.

I like this design. A lot.

The fact that it took him 15 minutes is irrelevant. I'm basically going to repeat what the OP said, but... he was posting a general idea for a design to get feedback. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. He wasn't saying, "this is my final design, I spent forever working on it, I'm resistant to change, so if you don't like it, deal with it." He is basically showing us a basic design idea and asking for our thoughts on it. He might modify it, he might not. That's up to him.

That post from the "Concept Guidelines" is more for obvious trolls and people who post without even putting thought into a design. I've seen the kind of concepts that that forum post is referring to, and this concept here is not one of them. The OP here clearly is not trolling and did put thought into his design.

It's a good design in general. I actually think the font looks kind of cool "rough around the edges," like you have it. You can try to smooth out letter if you want. I think that's what people were talking about.

The yellow helps the logo out a lot, too. I don't think I would add silver, because I think that would clutter up the logo, but you can experiment with that if you want to address some peoples' requests.

Regardless, it's a vast improvement over what they currently use.

This. (**)(dance)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Make a few Minor tweaks to this and it'll be fine. Clean up the "Houston Rockets" text In the roundel. Also maybe experiment a little without filling all the white in for the "R" on the basketball. Add some silver or some black just to see if that adds a bit of depth to it. That's it I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • Atomic locked this topic

Archived