hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 2007 Off-Season

Wow, a hockey league with a Canadian commissioner. What a concept.

I don't really mind the shorter recaps as long as we get more slick uniforms.

On 12/14/2018 at 2:36 PM, Darknes said:

That's...that's one heck of an Offseason to be sure.Curious to see how Nolan handles it all.

I'm hoping Crowley has enough gas to burn in that tank of his for a deep Run!

If nothing else, Crowley in a Bulldogs jersey would fit in well in the "players in wrong uniform" thread. Seriously though Crowley proved in the playoffs for Dallas that he can still play a role and he came so cheap he could be just the veteran depth player the Bulldogs need.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:33 PM, TargetToad said:

I'm really hoping that the Stingrays end 07-08 with less than 40 points so they can get Camden. #StingTank08

Camden could provide plenty of motivation for a few teams to blow it up in '07-08. The Stingrays' current lineup is unlikely to win a title so it would make sense for them to start a rebuild now.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:35 PM, TargetToad said:

Let the "Relocation to Ottawa" wheel begin its spin. I'm guessing Pittsburgh or Miami

On 12/15/2018 at 12:43 PM, Cardinal said:

I wonder if this means Ottawa will get a team again. It certainly is good news for Canadian clubs.

There is actually a chance that Carolina could return to Ottawa, as they have struggled financially since moving to Charlotte. There is also a chance Nolan will want to expand at some point, though probably not until the 2010s. It is probably just a matter of time for Ottawa, especially now that they have the new arena.

On 12/14/2018 at 3:37 PM, mr.negative15 said:

@hawkfan89 I'm sure I don't speak for everyone but I'd guess the majority when I say: take your time and don't apologize for that. When you post, it's quality (and I'm sure it will continue to be). 

On 12/14/2018 at 8:45 PM, Veras said:

Congratulations on the projected 33% population increase of your family!

Thanks guys! we're very excited about the baby. I hope to continue to produce the same quality work for you guys and I think the new format will actually help with that.

On 12/15/2018 at 12:36 AM, RightGuard said:

I don't really mind the shorter recaps as long as we get more slick uniforms.

That's actually another reason I want to simplify the narrative parts of the project, so I can focus more on graphics. There will be another big batch of alternate uniforms next season and soon after that teams will start to make changes to their home/away (there is a clause in the Duke contract that no team can make major changes for a minimum of two seasons). I also plan to update the blog when I have more time, especially the team info section and uniform section.

On 12/16/2018 at 2:38 PM, hawkfan89 said:

There is actually a chance that Carolina could return to Ottawa, as they have struggled financially since moving to Charlotte. There is also a chance Nolan will want to expand at some point, though probably not until the 2010s. It is probably just a matter of time for Ottawa, especially now that they have the new arena.

I don't like the sound of that... 

As shocking as it may seem, the Checkers are pretty popular around here and major league hockey would probably do great, provided the arena's in a good place, like Spectrum Center or BB&T Ballpark. Not sure where the Raiders' arena is, but the location could be a big factor in that (Plus, if they need a new stadium, the city would probably give it to them, like they did with BB&T or Spectrum Center).

Even if the Raiders were to relocate, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the future expansion teams were to be in the Southeast. Mainly just to fill geographic space.

2 hours ago, RightGuard said:

Even if the Raiders were to relocate, I wouldn't be surprised if one of the future expansion teams were to be in the Southeast. Mainly just to fill geographic space.

I’ll take a second Florida team in Tampa Bay or Orlando, please.

22 hours ago, ItsSlothy said:

I’ll take a second Florida team in Tampa Bay or Orlando, please.

I second that.

specifically the Tampa Bay part.

On 12/16/2018 at 12:38 PM, hawkfan89 said:

It still remains a pipe dream, but I’d think it would be awesome to put a team in Sacramento, Las Vegas, or Salt Lake.

Meanwhile, I’m starting a petition to name the possible new Racers arena “New Queen Elizabeth Arena” or “Queen Elizabeth Arena II”. Who’s with me?

9 hours ago, HereComesThax said:

I second that.

specifically the Tampa Bay part.

I third that.

specifically the Orlando part.

I’d love to see a team in Orlando. And like someone else said, a non Texas southwestern team would be cool. Phoenix? San Diego? I don’t know I think I should just enjoy the fact that my city has a team. Lets make that return to the playoffs boys! 

On the flip side, it's hockey. Hockey is played on ice. Put teams where there can be ice naturally.

11 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

On the flip side, it's hockey. Hockey is played on ice. Put teams where there can be ice naturally.

Hartford!

31 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Every game isn’t the Stadium Series. I stand by hockey in Tampa. We were really close in the last expansion for the PHL, now is our time!

34 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

San Jose, Dallas, Nashville and Tampa Bay would like a word for a moment.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

San Jose, Dallas, Nashville and Tampa Bay would like a word for a moment.

Los Angeles and Anaheim too

3 hours ago, Dan O'Mac said:

Honestly, I get where you are coming from, but the talent entering the NHL, pro hockey or even collegiate and juniors from these markets stated above is partially because the NHL expanded to nontraditional markets and really drove interest in growing the game. Being from San Jose and living in Phoenix now, the amount that these teams put into youth hockey is beyond expectation and gives kids a chance to play a game they grow to love, this includes me and many of my friends who have full intentions of making this game a career. Even if this comment is a joke I thought it would be a good idea of taking a deeper look below the surface of "cold place is good for hockey because it already has interest, insuring our investment". I feel this would be in line with a flat earth believer saying that the Earth is flat because they can't see the curve of the Earth from their eyesight. It is about the bigger picture. Sorry for the rant.