hawkfan89

Professional Hockey League; A Fictional History: 2007 Off-Season

Move the Raiders to Tampa. Let Atlanta go to Nova Scotia in 2014-15, send a failing team like Pittsburgh or Denver  to Ottawa 

I started following the PHL over a year ago, and finally decided to make an account. As it is sad to see less frequent updates, real life comes first, so take your time! And go Bulldogs!

18 hours ago, TargetToad said:

Move the Raiders to Tampa. Let Atlanta go to Nova Scotia in 2014-15, send a failing team like Pittsburgh or Denver  to Ottawa 

No Nova Scotia. Atlanta seems to be working. 

If the Raiders go back to Ottawa, a Hampton Roads team would be better than a Tampa team.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:17 AM, TargetToad said:

Oh man, let's move a team who's closest rival is 250 miles away to a state that already has team! Genius!

All jokes aside, Florida only needs one hockey team. If anything, move the Stingrays to Tampa if there needs to be team there. This is true in real life, and in fictional hockey-verses. The Raiders should stay.

I think everyone has forgotten one of the biggest differences between this Miami team and the RL Panthers, the Owner seems to be much more competent at managing a Hockey Team. Plus they've had a Lewis Cup Final appearance. There's also the matter of Tampa, as Hawkfan said in the Expansion Council bid, the Area in this Verse was much more interested in a basketball team. Now I can see Ottawa being as a threat to own teams, but even if the Commissioner is Canadian there's still the issue of the Canadian Dollar and it's struggling state, so if the Raiders would have to move it'd have to be somewhere inland going off the last expansion council, it'd have to be somewhere like Memphis/Nashville, Phoenix or possibly inserting itself into California in like San Diego rather than somewhere like Ottawa or Nova Scotia..so there's a good deal of issues around that.

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

I think everyone has forgotten one of the biggest differences between this Miami team and the RL Panthers, the Owner seems to be much more competent at managing a Hockey Team. Plus they've had a Lewis Cup Final appearance. There's also the matter of Tampa, as Hawkfan said in the Expansion Council bid, the Area in this Verse was much more interested in a basketball team. Now I can see Ottawa being as a threat to own teams, but even if the Commissioner is Canadian there's still the issue of the Canadian Dollar and it's struggling state, so if the Raiders would have to move it'd have to be somewhere inland going off the last expansion council, it'd have to be somewhere like Memphis/Nashville, Phoenix or possibly inserting itself into California in like San Diego rather than somewhere like Ottawa or Nova Scotia..so there's a good deal of issues around that.

Another difference is it took 13? Years before miami made the finals, instead of the panthers who made it immediately and haven’t been back. Also, there is again no Tampa team, who is also more succesful than the panthers and were announced as an expansion before the panthers were.

And when will Portland be relevant, much less mediocre even?

Hey guys, once again I'm not dead. My daughter was born last night to cap off a busy holiday season. Mother and baby are both doing well.

As for the PHL, The 2006-07 regular season has been simulated, I was about halfway through the writeup so I'll finish that hopefully sometime later this week. As always thanks for your patience guys and happy 2019!

1 minute ago, hawkfan89 said:

Hey guys, once again I'm not dead. My daughter was born last night to cap off a busy holiday season. Mother and baby are both doing well.

As for the PHL, The 2006-07 regular season has been simulated, I was about halfway through the writeup so I'll finish that hopefully sometime later this week. As always thanks for your patience guys and happy 2019!

Congrats!! Glad they’re both doing well.Take off as much time as needed

congrats!

Family is more important. Take your time.