Cardinals Investigated By FBI

leopard88

The Cardinals really are the Patriots of baseball! Nonstop dry-humping from the media, pompous fanbase, a general air of sanctimony around the whole franchise, and they cheat!

The first three are a given. Although STL FANATIC is right and the fourth has not been proven, it's looking very possible. I'd love to think that if it pans out the fourth would do something about those other three.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Observations from a professional nerd:

It's taken MLB until 2015 to have a hacking incident, showing that they are truly a 19th century game playing with 20th century logic;

The Astros were hacked, showing the Cards' nerds are NOT the brightest bulbs in the chandelier.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

But it sounds like a couple of disgruntled former Lunhow guys trying to get back at him a whole lot more than it sounds like the Cardinals, as an organization, trying to get trade secrets. After all, why leak them to the world if you were trying to gain a secret advantage?

Couple bitter morons staining a reputation. Unfortunate.

You know who else said this?

Patriots supporters and the boys from the Delta House at Faber College.....

But it sounds like a couple of disgruntled former Lunhow guys trying to get back at him a whole lot more than it sounds like the Cardinals, as an organization, trying to get trade secrets. After all, why leak them to the world if you were trying to gain a secret advantage?

Couple bitter morons staining a reputation. Unfortunate.

You know who else said this?

Patriots supporters and the boys from the Delta House at Faber College.....

I think I've done a nice job providing context to that statement in my posts. My analysis has been about as well-reasoned as you could anticipate from someone with a bias in the matter. If you disagree with that context, such a response might then warrant a discussion.

It appears it was an act of revenge as well as to make sure Lunhow wasn't giving the Astros an advantage using technology developed by the Cardinals while he was there.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

1. Behead the Cardinals employees in question for being so stupid as to hack into the files of a team in THE OTHER :censored: ING LEAGUE! At least the Patriots cheated in the championship round/against teams that actually might constitute a threat.

2. Purge the front office of anyone associated with this.

3. I'd suggest letting others raid the farm as penance, but that's kind of useless as it has been picked over.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the Astros-they had cybersecurity issues surface last year.

http://deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

HOW :censored: ING HARD IS IT TO SCARE UP ONE MEASLY IT CYBERSECURITY GUY WHEN YOU ARE IN THE TENTH LARGEST METRO AREA IN THE GODDAMN COUNTRY?! LUHNOW SHOULD ALSO BE FIRED FOR PRESUMABLY HAVING NO BLOODY CLUE ABOUT HOW TO SECURE HIS COMPUTER SYSTEMS AT ALL!!

Edit oh this is the aftermath of that incident. Expand point one to include "cleanse the Earth of their bloodlines, lest their petty stupidity be allowed to proliferate."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

And not too brilliant ones. Houston? Really?

The victimized team isn't a bad option, really. Not only was there a personal tie to the team, but if you're going to look into the innards of a team...may as well dive into a team that's in the midst of a full tear-down and build-up like the Astros are. They're a team that's got a lot of younger players in the organization that could be playing for another 10-15 years.

You don't need to hack a computer to see what the MLB team, and probably the AAA team, are doing or how their players are coming along. It's farther along in the minors where a bulk of your prospects are usually parts of trades that's worth looking into, especially the other team's personal notes about their own players. If you know a team isn't high on a player, you're not going to seek that player in a deal. There is an edge to be gained.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

On the Astros-they had cybersecurity issues surface last year.

http://deadspin.com/leaked-10-months-of-the-houston-astros-internal-trade-1597951970

HOW :censored: ING HARD IS IT TO SCARE UP ONE MEASLY IT CYBERSECURITY GUY WHEN YOU ARE IN THE TENTH LARGEST METRO AREA IN THE GODDAMN COUNTRY?! LUHNOW SHOULD ALSO BE FIRED FOR PRESUMABLY HAVING NO BLOODY CLUE ABOUT HOW TO SECURE HIS COMPUTER SYSTEMS AT ALL!!

Edit oh this is the aftermath of that incident. Expand point one to include "cleanse the Earth of their bloodlines, lest their petty stupidity be allowed to proliferate."

This FBI investigation of the Cardinals is a result of last year's leak.

The investigation is out of the FBI field office down in Houston. Which probably means the Astros at some point of investigating last year's Ground Control leak, they may have realized it was the Cardinals. Once they consulted with lawyers to understand the legal ramifications, they got the FBI involved. To get the FBI to open an investigation, there must be some solid evidence against the Cards. All of this could set up for a civil suit later on. (they do like to sue people BTW)

This will be interesting to see unfold, especially if there's any solid evidence implicating involvement from Cards top brass.

NYCdog.png

I've been reading that the Cubs have a very similar database to that of the Astros and that Epstein said he has double-checked the security system on said database. Part of me is glad that the Cardinals didn't cheat off of the Cubs, but my other half is kind of wishing they had; it would give me even greater reason to hate on that despicable baseball organization, and shouldn't it be considered common courtesy to at least cheat off of a rival if you're going to stoop to that level?

25yzwqg.png

Archived