Viking Logo Concept.

Christian Legault

Ive tried making a viking logo in the past but it didn't work out. My school currently uses a knockoff minnesota vikings logo (the colours are different though, blue and red) so it'd be nice to see a change. Here it is; please let me know what you guys think.

VikingsLogoP_zpsdzgrsxbt.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

It looks a bit strange to have a head and arms but no torso. If you did just a head or cut him off at the waist, that's OK, but this doesn't make a lot of sense visually.

Not bad, but I'd tone down the arms a bit. The triceps look like flappy arms.

I agree. And that spike on helmet... I think it would be better just with horns

Yeah I was trying to make him buff. I might've went overboard. And true, the spike doesn't add much I just thought it looked cool

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

It looks a bit strange to have a head and arms but no torso. If you did just a head or cut him off at the waist, that's OK, but this doesn't make a lot of sense visually.

I agree but cutting him at his waist also looks visualy off Imo. and you wouldn't see much of it cause of his beard and arms. Any ideas?

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

I agree with most of the comments here.

Remove the spike on the helmet.

Remove the arms.

See what it looks like with just the head and helmet.

If you want to keep the arms, you need to change the dimensions and put him in a different "pose". I don't know what a better pose would be... Maybe holding a sword or rowing with an oar?

Ive tried making a viking logo in the past but it didn't work out. My school currently uses a knockoff minnesota vikings logo (the colours are different though, blue and red) so it'd be nice to see a change. Here it is; please let me know what you guys think.

VikingsLogoP_zpsdzgrsxbt.png

Anchorarms.jpeg

bufg.png

Not bad, but I'd tone down the arms a bit. The triceps look like flappy arms.

Agreed. Arms make it look like the Michelin man. Looks better without arms. Also like the no spike thing on the update.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Much better without the arms. The outlines on the left horn are giving a strange visual effect that makes the horns look as if they are different sizes (the distances from horn tip to blue outline tip seem extremely different).

The mouth still looks goofy and the whole perspective is off on the beard (very bottom heavy). Extend the helmet over to his right to so you can add more to that side of his face, and flip the bottom lip across a vertical axis. That might help to balance the logo out more.

Additionally, I feel that the line weight on your FO monogram doesn't fit in too well with the identity you're going for. People think of Vikings as rough and sturdy where your FO is sleek and rather flimsy, and doesn't match with any of the fonts in the primary. I'd look at using the same one for Franco Ouest and the FO but with something much bolder.

Midway.png

Archived