a quick re-brand of the Grand Rapids Drive of the NBA d-leage

QThaGAWD

You actually have something pretty good with the haloed ball. See what it looks like if you just have the ball and add the wings from your last revision. D-League teams normally only need one true logo, and the haloed ball would not only fit the role, but it would be unique and connect to the city.

i'll see what i can do i was just about to post a recolor so after that i'll do that revised look as a secondary, will that work?

EDIT: sorry for the sloppiness, but heres a quick edit of what i think you wanted.

Halo%20Ball_zps8o7dogpg.png

I really like this a lot. Even better so than the recolored version. Something about it that clicks together. I'm impressed by the concept here. However, I believe in less is more. I know you included the wings here because it adds details, but I think you capture the essence of the word "soul" with the halo. I know it make seem plain with just a basketball and a halo, but you are definitely on the right track here. Also, I would try to incorporate the "D" in a better way because its seems to be floating in front of the ball. I get that its a messy concept, but I would love to see it finalized. Keep it up!

its just past 6AM and i decided to check this early and i saw your reply and tried to deliver on what you wanted to see. so here's an edit of the ball i think you were asking for. Please forgive the sloppiness of the halo i haven't gotten the line work quite right yet. (Quick Edit)

Halo%20Ball2_zpsczjduebm.png

Very clean. Looks really good. I think this would definitely work for a secondary. Clean it up more and you should be good to go.

You actually have something pretty good with the haloed ball. See what it looks like if you just have the ball and add the wings from your last revision. D-League teams normally only need one true logo, and the haloed ball would not only fit the role, but it would be unique and connect to the city.

i'll see what i can do i was just about to post a recolor so after that i'll do that revised look as a secondary, will that work?

EDIT: sorry for the sloppiness, but heres a quick edit of what i think you wanted.

Halo%20Ball_zps8o7dogpg.png

I really like this a lot. Even better so than the recolored version. Something about it that clicks together. I'm impressed by the concept here. However, I believe in less is more. I know you included the wings here because it adds details, but I think you capture the essence of the word "soul" with the halo. I know it make seem plain with just a basketball and a halo, but you are definitely on the right track here. Also, I would try to incorporate the "D" in a better way because its seems to be floating in front of the ball. I get that its a messy concept, but I would love to see it finalized. Keep it up!

its just past 6AM and i decided to check this early and i saw your reply and tried to deliver on what you wanted to see. so here's an edit of the ball i think you were asking for. Please forgive the sloppiness of the halo i haven't gotten the line work quite right yet. (Quick Edit)

Halo%20Ball2_zpsczjduebm.png

Very clean. Looks really good. I think this would definitely work for a secondary. Clean it up more and you should be good to go.

Exactly what I was going for, thank you

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Yeah, that haloed ball is a good update. I think the square wings one sort of reminds me of Dayton but only a bit. These are good upgrades over what you had originally. As for other color schemes, I know it's a challenge, but how about something with these colors:

54336097.gif

Yeah, that haloed ball is a good update. I think the square wings one sort of reminds me of Dayton but only a bit. These are good upgrades over what you had originally. As for other color schemes, I know it's a challenge, but how about something with these colors:

54336097.gif

that will be a challenge trying to make these colors work with that logo, but I'll see what i can come up with.

UPDATE: i tried making it work but i couldnt so i had to drop a few colors in order to make it look good to me, so heres what i have.

DRIVE%20REBRAND4_zpsavhe9ohx.png Halo%20Ball2_zpssgxn7rrh.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived