Columbus Blue Jackets (multiple logos and uniforms)

deked73

I have seen other concepts with chevrons for sleeve stripes and had an idea for my own version. I looked at the chevrons for an Ordnance sergeant from the union army.

I made the initial color scheme for the jackets one to resemble a Union Army uniform with two tones of blue and no red in the design. the other version do utilize Columbus' color scheme with the addition of a lighter blue that they use on the present alternate. I am open to any and all critiques that anyone has.

First the logos the oval one ont he bottom right and the circular one on the bottom left are meant to be secondary or shoulder logos.The C and the star obviously are for Columbus being the capital of Ohio. the crossed cannons are inspired by the insignia found on Civil War era kepis and uniforms. The founder of the Blue Jackets John H. McConnell initials are included in some of the designs

cbjconceptlogos.png$_35.JPG actual Civil War chevrons that inspired me

The uniform sets.

First design. The two tone blue with white and a touch of grey or silver. The pants are to look like the Union Army's pants and go with the idea that the jackets have now with different colored pants from the jersey. The founder of the Jackets initials are included on these designs like they are on the alternate and the "We march, We fight" inside the collar.

2nd design. Using the Jackets colors and adding the light blue trim with a little bit of grey.

3rd design. Has less red and less grey and more blue on it. I was tryin some of the other logos and added the red stripes on the flag logo to look more like the Ohio flag.

cbjconcept.pngcbjconcept2.png

cbjconcept3.png

As i go along i will add different versions and revisions of the uniforms and logos. I want to use them for the Hockey Jersey Concepts.

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

The top looks the best. I was always hoping the Blue Jackets would switch to the alternate color scheme, but I wasn't sure if they would make the alternate the home. You gave them a reson not to. The only thing I don't like are the different logos on each shoulder and the fact that you included the owners initials in a sports logo, which is not appropriate.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

The top looks the best. I was always hoping the Blue Jackets would switch to the alternate color scheme, but I wasn't sure if they would make the alternate the home. You gave them a reson not to. The only thing I don't like are the different logos on each shoulder and the fact that you included the owners initials in a sports logo, which is not appropriate.

John H. McConnell was the original owner of the Blue Jackets--he brought hockey to Columbus. He passed away six or seven years ago, so his initials would be in remembrance of him; it is not a celebration of a current owner.

award%20sig.png

Can you show a larger version of those BEAUTIFUL logos?

here is larger versions of the logos, plus recolored ones to be in the Blue Jackets current color scheme with the addition of the light blue in some of the designs.

cbjlogoset1.png

cbjlogoset2.png

cbjlogosset3.png

I took the shield design that is the on the right side of the top rows and altered them to have a resemblance to the Ohio state flag.with the shape

I did take off the JHM from the logos but may return them to the oval one if i chose to use that one for the shoulder patch.

Let me know what you think about these

bleedsvg2014_03_03_12_53_210b.png

Edge2baWolves2d.jpg

They're all a bit busy but the C-Star with the crossed cannons is your strongest mark yet. You could build around elements in that crest or separate them to keep the uniforms clean. I'd just wouldn't go overkill on the chevrons and keep the wording to a minimum.

Midway.png

They're all so good it's hard to pick. I would probably go with the second one because it incorporates all of the elements into one simple logo. I do think you should stick with the first color scheme of all blue as the red strays away from the 'blue jackets' theme.

Archived