First Sports Logo Ever- Orlando Sun Baseball

vnardella5

Hey guys. I have experience with a lot of programs but never really got into logo making. So with that, here is my first EVER logo. Let me know what's up. My main concern is that it is taken as a softball team due to colors. The gradient on the text represents the sun rays. Also, I had trouble with shadowing. Please leave C&C and i hope some of the more experienced logo makers help out.

18402587603_55455b49f6.jpg

I think this is fantastic. I love the gradient in the wordmark. I don't think the colors make it look like a softball team. It's refreshing to see some unique colors. It's just what baseball needs.

I am really trying to think of a suggestion to improve this, and I can't think of any, at least not right now. Great job!!!

I like the lines in the wordmark, but feel like the name gets a bit lost in the logo overall. It just seems to blend in a bit. It looks like you're using three different colours: yellow, light orange and deep orange. Currently the wordmark is light orange and yellow, I wonder if trying deep orange and yellow, or deep orange and light orange, might help make the words pop a bit more.

One other suggestion would be to try and clean up the stitching a bit.

I'm getting a clashing vibe form this. I think it's the font you chose. While you captured the gradient well, the way it's set up in your font looks like a video game intro screen, and I want to read it as pixels, which clashes with the giant round baseball sun.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The "rays" through the wordmark are giving this weird 1980s vibe. Also, consider making a more complete branding suite, including both the wordmark on its own and the logo without the wordmark. Consider how and where you would use different forms of the logo in different applications.

rATMcmK.png

For your first concept this is pretty decent. I would fix the gradient, however. I'm not sure if it is the typeface, but it is not balancing well enough. Perhaps remove some of the lines that make up the gradient and thicken some and thin them from bottom to top.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

For your first concept this is pretty decent. I would fix the gradient, however. I'm not sure if it is the typeface, but it is not balancing well enough. Perhaps remove some of the lines that make up the gradient and thicken some and thin them from bottom to top.

I'm getting a clashing vibe form this. I think it's the font you chose. While you captured the gradient well, the way it's set up in your font looks like a video game intro screen, and I want to read it as pixels, which clashes with the giant round baseball sun.

Thanks for the comments guys. I can not say that you guys don't know what you're talking about! :notworthy::)

I'd like to see what the logo looks like on a white background. I imagine you'd replace the white with orange, but then you'd have the orange ball/sun. That's something to look at. As others said, make the rays on the text thicker and it looks better. Also, the letters could use some work. You've got an uppercase R, L, N, and D but a lowercase U and A. I don't know if that's something you could change, but a lowercase N would certainly help a bit.

spacer.png

I'd like to see what the logo looks like on a white background. I imagine you'd replace the white with orange, but then you'd have the orange ball/sun. That's something to look at. As others said, make the rays on the text thicker and it looks better. Also, the letters could use some work. You've got an uppercase R, L, N, and D but a lowercase U and A. I don't know if that's something you could change, but a lowercase N would certainly help a bit.

the letters are just a font but ill look into it

I REALLY like this, but I think a few minor adjustments would make it even better.. I think your gradient lines extend a bit too far in each direction, and would benefit from simplifying slightly.maybe try slightly fewer lines that vary a bit more in size as they progress.. I also really like the font, but as others have said, certain letters would benefit from some adjusting

Archived