Pan-American Hockey League: 1999-2000 Final Season

JCRGraphix

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It might be a stretch to try to make this last longer, but since you said that this was the IHL transition into the league, so if the AHL existed at this time too, wouldn't there be a merger like in real life? Since six of the IHL teams merged you could continue the few PAHL teams that survived histories to today, with the Reebok redesign in 2007, and periodically through in some new designs? I'd guess teams like Kalamazoo, Milwaukee, Cincinnati, Hamilton, Huntsville, and maybe Windsor could survive and live in the AHL.

Anyway, I'm just trying to make this stay alive, and though I doubt it will, its an attempt.

Jake88%2BSignture.png

This is such a great series. I really hate to see it fold.

I think one of the down falls is when they copied the NHL parent team. It didn't give the teams their own look. I hate how the AHL does that these days.

Let the minor league teams be themselves.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

Yeah, I don't get why the AHL teams can't come up with their own names. MSO4, can you imagine a conversation like this?

Hockey fan 1: "How about those Stars! They kicked butt last night."

Hockey fan 2: "No, San Jose hammered us 2-1"

Hockey fan 1: "Your Stars may have lost, but our Stars won. The Texas Stars!

When you're a farm team like that, is it too much money to have a name-the-team contest?

I used to work for a Minor league team.

it wouldnt cost any more to make the items for sale with your own identity or the major clubs. Still gonna cost you to make your jerseys and puck and what not.

If you notice they do have a slight different look but still called Stars/Wild/Flames but with a slight different logo.

So you would still have to pay for the cost.

Mustangs banner.png

big banner.png

• 6 months later...

As long as we are unnecessarily bumping this thread, can we ever get the book version of the PAHL?

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

Archived