Personal Branding Concept

dsaline97

All,

I've created a monogram and word mark for me to use as I work toward my graphic design major this fall. I don't really have an audience, clients, or an overwhelming portfolio, but I thought a strong and fairly unique identity would be a great place to start.

View the full project on Behance

The slash in the DS makes a cross in the negative space, which represents my Christian faith and how I show that to others through my attitude and service. I tried to convey it in an appropriate way--not in your face or blatantly obvious, because that's not the kind of way I want to present myself. Hopefully this doesn't pose an issue here, and I hope I executed it well.

4967a1fa50136b6e77daac2862924dab.png

Thanks for taking a look!

spacer.png

The presentation is nice enough, but when I first saw the initials I was thinking "G S" because of the slash tbh. Never would've thought the slash was for a cross until you told me (though now that i have, I can't help but see it haha). Anyway, I hope that didn't come off as Critical so much as just an observation.

The presentation is nice enough, but when I first saw the initials I was thinking "G S" because of the slash tbh. Never would've thought the slash was for a cross until you told me (though now that i have, I can't help but see it haha). Anyway, I hope that didn't come off as Critical so much as just an observation.

Hmm, does anyone else see a G? And that's what I was going for, something you wouldn't necessarily see unless pointed out to you, so it isn't overwhelming or forced.

spacer.png

I think my eyes are wanting to see more than what's there b/c I'm getting some Big Ten logo vibes just from the color and the fact that my brain keeps wanting to make the "D" a combined 1 and 0

I definitely don't see a "G".....I guess I can see where it may look like one, but I think it's a stretch.

I agree. And I didn't notice that it was a cross right away, but like Arts11 said, it can be seen clearly when pointed out. Overall, it looks really clean and sharp! Good job!

Is there a reason the cross isn't perpendicular? Being at an angle adds a unique element, but being perpendicular might make it cleaner.

Basically to give a little motion and interest to an otherwise flat design. I think perpendicular would make it look pretty stale.

spacer.png

Archived