Tonga red, New Zealand black

Scotland blue, Samoa white

Wales red, Australia yellow

England white, Uruguay blue

Namibia red, Argentina blue/white

Romania yellow, Italy blue

Ireland green, France blue

Japan red/white, USA blue

Canada looks amazing (other than black compression shorts but that's player option)...UA did well with them and Wales.

Agreed! The game looks almost like the game back in 1987 when Canada played Ireland in the first World Cup. I'm glad UA went with more of a classic look with Canada. I was not a fan of the generic template they had when UA first released the jerseys with Canada. I think Georgia wears them now.

One thing I did notice was the Canada has the Canadian government logo on their arm above the flag. I didn't know that was allowed during the World Cup as it is more of a sponsorship and I know that they are very strict on sponsorship logos in the RWC. So mich so that countries who use adidas are not even allowed to have the standard 3 stripes as part of their uniforms. Look at Argentine from the 2011 RWC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

USA blue vs. South Africa green wasn't a good idea. One of the teams should have worn white.

I don't think it looked too bad. Seen multiple games where the two teams wore colors that are close, but I don't think it was bad enough for one team to wear their change strips.

5184.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

USA blue vs. South Africa green wasn't a good idea. One of the teams should have worn white.

I don't think it looked too bad. Seen multiple games where the two teams wore colors that are close, but I don't think it was bad enough for one team to wear their change strips.

5184.jpg?w=620&q=85&auto=format&sharp=10

Did it look bad, yeah. But i wish that the Springboks would have went out in white for this game, rather than against scotland

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

I don't know why NBC Sports didn't take a chance on broadcasting the tournament. I don't know too many bars around me are showing the matches.

I appreciate that NBC picked up the US rights to the RWC but it's pathetic only showing two games of the entire tournament on TV, and only 9 total for free online. Charging $200 to watch the whole thing is not going to help grow the game in the US.

I don't know why NBC Sports didn't take a chance on broadcasting the tournament. I don't know too many bars around me are showing the matches.

Yup, silly. Big potential market.

This whole thing is just as bad as putting the AFL Grand Final on Fox Sports Plus. Especially when they were showing league games across FS1 and FS2.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yup, silly. Big potential market.

This whole thing is just as bad as putting the AFL Grand Final on Fox Sports Plus. Especially when they were showing league games across FS1 and FS2.
Couple of Rugby World Cup items:

1- Comcast owns less than 10% of Universal Sports. The majority owner, InterMedia Partners is the one who puts up the lion's share of the $$$ in rights fees.

2- NBCSN's most consistent ratings are when these games are played live. Dan Patrick simulcast and the outdoors shows bring in viewers. Plus, while not this weekend, most Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays during the six weeks, NBCSN has EPL and/or F1. This is a F1 weekend for them in the early morning.

NBC didn't necessarily need to be the network, I just pointed it out as they show college and international 7's. At the end of the day it wasn't marketed much at all in the States. NBCSN televised one USA match that I'm aware of, a butt whoopong by Australia. It reminds me of trying to find US Soccer matches prior to 1993.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived