Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

I actually like their new uniforms a lot but the volt is irritating. Sometimes it looks green sometimes yellow.

Mix and max the bottoms too! Beautiful! Yeah the execution could have been better but their uniform is what the Hornets SHOULD HAVE DONE. Bold risky but workable.

shado_logo.gif

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The volt reminds me of that tacky "elite green" used on the NHL All Star uniforms. Not going with Athletic Gold was a huge blunder on the part of this organization... Had they done so, the overwrought, sublimated triangle pattern could be forgiven.

All 3 in person plus the mix and match on the screen.

CIRob2gUAAIyTc8.jpg

I can't believe I like these so much. I don't seem to care that they are not traditional. I don't care that the home doesn't say Hawks. I do wish the red uniform was the away jersey. I really like the red option. I hope they do some mix/matching on the road.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Mix and matching is going to open so many new doors in the NBA uniform match ups. I love the idea.

uni_mixmatch.jpg

These make for OK practice jerseys. On court during an actual NBA game, it's just low class amateurism. The Clippers fiasco looks great by comparison. And what is that A in ATL? It looks like a dinosaur with it's neck turned. Perhaps a Jurassic World shout out. But in this case, it's Ghetto World.

No. Just no.

Jaguars

Anyone think we will get a Volt jersey in 2 or 3 years?

Hopefully

Perhaps like so (since they ended up not going with the HAWKS wordmark in the initial unis)?

CISP9CcVEAAXes7.png

I like it! BOLD and POWERFUL.

Jaguars

Mix and matching is going to open so many new doors in the NBA uniform match ups. I love the idea.

uni_mixmatch.jpg

These make for OK practice jerseys. On court during an actual NBA game, it's just low class amateurism. The Clippers fiasco looks great by comparison. And what is that A in ATL? It looks like a dinosaur with it's neck turned. Perhaps a Jurassic World shout out. But in this case, it's Ghetto World.

No. Just no.

100% agree. I really like the idea of mixing tops and bottoms IF ITS DONE RIGHT. which in this case looks like it is

I think the "mix and match" would look better if the side panel(s) on the shorts were the same color as the jerseys.

They still look pretty good in that picture but the shadows are hiding the true amount of contrast between the jerseys and shorts. I don't think these will look as sharp under the lights.

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.

Anyone think we will get a Volt jersey in 2 or 3 years?

Hopefully

Perhaps like so (since they ended up not going with the HAWKS wordmark in the initial unis)?

CISP9CcVEAAXes7.png

I like it! BOLD and POWERFUL.

^ The last time I saw that color was after taking 7 tequila shots followed by a couple Jaeger bombs.

My sides is hurting so bad from laughing so hard!

shado_logo.gif

I actually think the red-over-black combo looks nice. The black-over-red combo is hideous and should never see the light of day, though.

I agree. The red over black works better.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I predict they'll mix and match once and it won't go over well. And that'll be that.

I'll predict that the Hawks will wear mix & match all season. Not only that, but I predict that once Nike takes over more teams will follow suit.

I don't understand why the red uniform is the alternate. It's the best of the three

Agreed. It's also odd seeing the Hawks with a black road uniform. I see them emphasizing the black jersey this upcoming season, wearing the red much more in 2016, then flipping the wordmarks and making the red jersey the primary when Nike takes over in 2017.

Archived