j'villejags

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Made this from inspiration of the outdoor court:

COkcaskWwAE8lXI.png

The official Hawks twitter account loved it too, lol:

https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/642084734017867776

That is incredible(at your concept) and fantastic (regarding the ATL Hawks tweet)! I'd almost frame it :-D

Awesome. Removing the Volt from the type makes a huge difference. Great call.

• 2 weeks later...

Bright hardwood is not a good combination with that volt color! Darker hardwood would have been better.

As Drew22 pointed it out..it's basically the same court as last year.

I agree. It seems like that floor would look a lot better a few notches darker.

If any team, volt would have possibly worked with the Bucks depending on what other colors they used with it. It doesn't work with a team that is going back to red and black and used to have yellow. Now it just looks like a knock off jersey trying to sub volt in for yellow.

I don't see any way volt would look good with the Bucks. What they should have done is re-introduced some lime green and take ownership of that color, maybe instead of the blue.

I thought we heard either via uniwatch kr somewhere else that they really did want the dark court, and had officially planned to do it, but the league squashed it relatively late in the game.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

There's a video of the photoshot with the new jerseys and noticed a few weird things. http://www.nba.com/hawks/video/teams/hawks/2015/09/25/1443209285465-Players-Love-New-Jerseys.mp4-29731
This may be more of a being lazy instead of planned mix & match but there was a clip of Moose with the white home top and black shorts. If you look at the monitor they're only capturing the white jersey so I'm pretty sure its just being lazy, but still an interesting look at what that would look like.

hJFlFEE.jpg

Also the video end with a clip of Hardaway Jr in the black jersey with a black ball which has the volt accents and then they turn on the blacklights....

FjWDB76.png

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

Archived