Atlanta Hawks -- 2015 rebranding

j'villejags

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So. Damn. Awesome.

Well done, Atlanta. Thanks for bringing something new to the table.

Now, if you want to mix-and-match the black and red jerseys and shorts? I’ll love you even more.

I do like a good mismatched uni.

But I agree w/ others who aren't fans of the sublimated pattern. Perhaps the pattern will look better under arena lights, but for now, it just doesn't work for me.

Oh look, another black and red team. :|

I guess I should be thankful they saved our eyes from a "Volt" alternate.

Yeah, these realllyyyyy look like the other black and red teams in the NBA.

Not the point. Just like all the blue and red teams don't look the same in MLB.

So. Damn. Awesome.

Now, if you want to mix-and-match the black and red jerseys and shorts? I’ll love you even more.

But I agree w/ others who aren't fans of the sublimated pattern. Perhaps the pattern will look better under arena lights, but for now, it just doesn't work for me.

Overall I like the look. I just wish the home jersey used HAWKS. Also,I wish the jerseys had side striping to match the shorts. Not sure how I feel about the sublimated pattern yet. I'll have to see the unis in action before I decide. For drastically changing their looks, Milwaukee and ATL both did a great job.

Not bad although the home whites could've used some black for continuity's sake. Guess we'll have to wait until the "brand speak" comes out at the unveiling tomorrow to know the reason behind the sublimated triangle pattern.

They went overboard on the pattern, but these are really nice. The color scheme really works, the red jersey in particular is excellent. Clearly modern but not crazy...this is the type of thing I want to see more of in sports design.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

There's something here. I'm not buying it quite yet but some tweaks would have made these better.

-keep the texture to the side paneling. That much is just overkill.

-match the color assignment on the wordmarks and numbers.

-keep volt to a trim at all times. It's unique but it needs to be constrained to complement the red and black.

Bold move by the Hawks but it needs more consistency.

Midway.png

I will say that I like the fan gear/merch more than the unis. If I were a Hawks fan, I'd rock that black tee or the heather gray pacman logo tee.

I appreciate the fact that their team has put some thought into the merch rollout.

So. Damn. Awesome.

Overall I like the look. I just wish the home jersey used HAWKS. Also,I wish the jerseys had side striping to match the shorts. Not sure how I feel about the sublimated pattern yet. I'll have to see the unis in action before I decide. For drastically changing their looks, Milwaukee and ATL both did a great job.

I personally love the city name on home jerseys. It sort of shows that the city is the team rather than just the Hawks. Plus, them putting "ATLANTA" on their home jerseys this past year could have been the foreshadowing we all missed.

I actually like what I'm seeing here and the colors are a fun choice. This is far closer to the Atlanta Hawks' brand than navy blue and red ever were. That never felt right. This feels closer to right than that did.

One thing that's bugging the :censored: out of me - the damn notch in the A on the ATL, which bothers me to begin with.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Saving the people who dont like clicking links

CIO7r3KVAAEgzpL.png

CIO7sTvWEAAZ5NQ.png

CIO7sxgXAAAt5f9.png

Yep, they look like the Hawks again. Colors are so important... even if they get darker, as most teams have done, or brighter, as the Hawks did here.

Mentioned on twitter to Clint they remind me a lot of Maryland and I can't unsee it now

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

I guess I'll have to use the unpopular opinion thread to say I hate these?

I 100 percent share this opinion. The volt and triangle texture are just too much for me.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC DallasMinnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

Not a fan of the neon green myself, and neither are most of us in the newsroom, but admittedly, we're all a bit older. I'll have to wait and see what my son says once he gets a look at it (the newly-graduated USC branding guru that he is)... I'm sure he'll think it's genius. I do like the sublimation and the font (with the exception of that "A" in the ATL jersey) though...

Not sure if'n I'll actually finally pick up a Hawks shirt (only been working in Atlanta television 10 years and living here 20, I suppose I'm entitled)...

My first thought on these uniforms is they look really wild but at the same time pretty cool. I like the white and black uniforms but I don't care much for the red but that's mostly because of the ugly "A" in the ATL script. Screams wild to me but not bad overall.

Ok first of all lemme say that these are the third best uniforms the Hawks have worn. Dominique Wilkins era and blue and green top this. Looking at those uniforms proves ATL does over the top better than anyone else. I legit like these uniforms. They're not perfect at all but I actually like em. The volt numbers on the home aren't what I woulda gone with the chevrons are cool but look like snakeskin almost the word marks and number font are a little rough and need tweaking. Some numbers on the font look worse than others and the wordmark for "Atlanta" and "Hawks" are slightly too scrunched for my liking. The waistband logo sucks. The shorts are just cool. Asymmetry doesn't bother me with the Hawks since that's been a common theme in their uniforms (Charlotte needs no asymmetry) the hawks on one side with pac/chevrons on the other are so cool. The colors are so strangely beautiful together and the chevrons on the other hand look cool even though that is in no way affiliated with the Hawks. These are almost so bad they're good but they're more so good they're good. These uniforms just look like they're meant to give the team a serious jolt which is something they've been lacking. The volt color is a great mix of yellow&green. Black and red like the Falcons keep the Atlanta bird team names with somewhat similar colors. Just very loud and extreme. If the team plays that way these could become classic if not they're just the Hawks being the Hawks. Can't see these lasting but am glad they have em. Hoping for good explanation on the chevron. They're so weird but in a good way. The world needs more of this creative weirdness anyways. Could go on more about this but hopefully you get the picture.

7.2/10 for now. Waiting for explanation and ingame action.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Archived