High School Rebrand

JT221

I've been a lurker for quite some time and am always very impressed with a lot of the work shown. Therefore, I trust your opinions and critique on my own work and I've finally decided to share my very first concept with you. However, it is still a work-in-progress as for I am still stuck on the primary logo. The team's nickname is the 'Broncos' and my original thought was to incorporate a Bronco into the primary logo. However, I was unable to create one I really liked. So my question is will my original secondary logo (shown below) work as a primary for a high school athletic department? C&C's always welcomed!

NRH_zps0uek5dn4.png

Uniforms:

Football

Baseball

Basketball

I think that could work really well for a primary logo. I've seen many high schools that use similar logos (stylized first letter(s) of school/town name) as their primary logo. Given the many sports and clubs high schools often have, a logo like that can work very well. I really like the design of the letters and how the colors are used. The letters are centered well on the map also imo.

The main thing I could see being an issue is that on smaller applications of the logo (letterheads, baseball caps, etc) the star on the map and some of the orange map outlines might be hard to see; changing the star's color to orange or tan and smoothing out the orange map outline a bit might be worth a try if you haven't already.

Great job so far!

Sportslogo-Forum-Signature-2.png

The blue on blue makes it hard to see the details, make either the state or the letters a different color (maybe white). But to answer your question about whether or not this works for a high school logo: I'd say no. I don't think it works because it doesn't make sense for a high school to have a state outline as its primary logo (or any logo for that matter). Every other school North Richland will play will also be from Texas, so the Texas outline doesn't do anything to separate itself from all the other schools.

award%20sig.png

Right now its really difficult to see the RH at first glance, do something to make it stand out more possibly change to a secondary color

This looks great, but see how it looks with the "RH" in orange. Great color scheme.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Thank you all very much for the feedback. I've taken it all to heart and have decided to create more choices using the entire color scheme for you to pick. I realize some of them are stretching a bit, but I wanted to give you all the colors available. I also can create more and incorporate white into them as well. Feel free to choose your favorite and as always, C&C's welcome!

NRH_Choices_zpseaypsjqe.png

It's a nice logo, there are several differnet color variations in there that work. The things that bothers me, though, is that you can barely see the star. If this were a logo for a university then I think that would make sense. But, since this is for a high school which represents a specific community, I think the star needs to stand out more from the state.

gYH2mW9.png

It's a nice logo, there are several differnet color variations in there that work. The things that bothers me, though, is that you can barely see the star. If this were a logo for a university then I think that would make sense. But, since this is for a high school which represents a specific community, I think the star needs to stand out more from the state.

Thanks. I've read a couple of the comments on the star and haven't replied because I wanted to make sure that he reasoning I had was solid enough. The star was the last thing I incorporated into the design solely because I thought it was a good idea. The star represents the location of the city and really is just kind of there while not supposed to be a major element. Also, I felt as if I made the star more apparent, then it would only clutter the logo and it's readability.

Thanks. I've read a couple of the comments on the star and haven't replied because I wanted to make sure that he reasoning I had was solid enough. The star was the last thing I incorporated into the design solely because I thought it was a good idea. The star represents the location of the city and really is just kind of there while not supposed to be a major element. Also, I felt as if I made the star more apparent, then it would only clutter the logo and it's readability.

I understand that line of thinking, but, being that it's a HS logo and not for a school that is more representative of the state as a whole, I think it makes more sense to have the star featured mor prominently in this case.

gYH2mW9.png

I'm really liking #3, the orange letters pop very nicely. I love your presentation, you've given me a couple ideas for my own high school redesign (my high school is in Ontario, so don't worry about copyright issues). Excellent!

Will we be seeing uniforms?

TWolf

I'm really liking #3, the orange letters pop very nicely. I love your presentation, you've given me a couple ideas for my own high school redesign (my high school is in Ontario, so don't worry about copyright issues). Excellent!

Will we be seeing uniforms?

TWolf

Yes, I actually already have the football uniforms made. I'm just waiting to see which primary I should go with or if I should try to create a 'Bronco' in the logo.

As stated above, I had previously created the football uniforms before posting my concept. Therefore, the original logo I created was used. I decided to leave it unchanged so you all can see how that logo appears on the helmet and make suggestions accordingly.

Home_zpsvztpknm7.png

away_zpsvhf4tvhb.png

Home_Alt_zpses7yw8yj.png

away-alt_zpsnphpm9qj.png

Archived