VERY early high school rebrand

the_grateful_ted

Hello concept readers. This is my first concept done on my computer and this is a VERY early concept. I've run into a few obvious problems, one being the eyes. I can't seem to get them right and I'm looking for some assistance. Secondly, I need more detail or something to fill the wings but whatever I try dosen't work. I'd like to stick with these colors, as they are taken from important details of the schools history. Lastly this is not an actual school requested rebrand or anything, just done for fun in my spare time. In general I'm looking to improve my skills in photoshop and I thought this was a good way to do it. Comments and criticism (especially) are very appreciated.

download_zpsfl2igjeo.png

UPDATED FULLY >>>>>

VPAPRIMshaded_zpslcuvc62s.png

Well I'm going to try to let this marinate after this update, but I got really excited because I figured out how to fix the beak. So I tried my best at that and then darkened the blue a tad to make it less washed out. Please give some more comments and criticism!

download_zpsekiy0iws.png

For starters, I'd either take off the black stroke or make it much thicker so it all blends together more; right now it all looks piece made. However, you're off to a really good start and keep up the good work!

Here it is again! Added gold shading to make it look less flat, and i cleaned up the consistency of the black lines a bit. I still need help with the eyes though nothing seems to work.

Here in original colors.

VPAPRIMshaded_zpslcuvc62s.png

Here in flipped blue/white

VPAPRIMshadedswitched_zpszmdjdtyy.png

I have to say I still like the original better, more comments and criticism welcome as always!

Archived