Nike + CFL 2015 (Winnipeg 7/6)

mbannon92

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also would like to see some red on the Redblack's away set. I would actually think about having them wear the red pants on the road as well. I don't know if the TV numbers would fit on the shoulder caps, but I think it would improve the look if they do fit. Right now the shoulder caps feel empty to me.

The intent was that red pants would certainly be an option on the road. I just paired the white jersey with the white pants because I wanted them as an option.

The Riders are the most storied team in the West Division?

You, my friend, need a mental health assessment haha.

I do think you did a nice job on the uniform though.

Fine, changed to "one of". I read that they have the most West Division championships and didn't look any further. Some more commentary on the uniforms would be appreciated moving forward.

Roughriders are easily the best design in this set thus far Mack!

Thanks Chris! They're definitely one of my favorites.

The wraparound pattern looks kind of like the Seahawks IMO.

Other than that i like it especially the striping on the collars and everything about the pride uniforms.

That's the point! More football teams need cool helmet designs like that, as opposed to a logo slapped on the side of a helmet.

Any thoughts on eliminating black from Saskatchewan's colour scheme and including a wheat/gold accent into the look? Or just a green/white/grey look.

Hmmm, that might look interesting, but I'm not sure I want to make such a big departure. I feel like black would have to stay and wheat would replace silver, as the logo needs 3 colors plus white to work.

The Argos will be up soon!

Toronto Argonauts

Along with new uniforms, the Toronto Argonauts are proud to introduce a new primary logo for 2015. The Argos return to their roots with a fresh update to the ship logo the team used for most of its history. Inspired primarily by the 1956-1975 and 1976-1988 versions, the logo features a Cambridge blue football atop an ocean wave with a white mast emblazoned with a blue "A". Oars coming from the side of the football-shaped ship pay homage to the team's beginnings as the Argonaut Rowing Club.

UL1gVSe.png?2

The Argonauts new uniforms for 2015 look toward the past while stepping into the future. The primary set, with the updated ship logo on the helmet, features flowing sleeve and pants stripes inspired by the waves in the new logo. This design also serves as a modern take on the 1983 Argos, who ended a 30-year championship draught for the franchise. The Pride uniforms are inspired by the great Toronto teams of the 30s, 40s and 50s, when the franchise won 8 Grey Cups over a 20 year stretch. Alternating Oxford and Cambridge blue stripes on the sleeves and socks are paired with a horizontally striped helmet, similar to that of the early 50s Argos. A large "A" atop the helmet stripes complete the look.

sWRwj0N.png?1

tmpJAxL.png?1

I would make the road pants Columbia blue on the pride set.. Other wise it's a great set....

Glad you brought the wrap around s logo for sask

Only gripe with the prides there is sask always goes throwback.. Would like to have seen a black alt or something other than the throwback which is really well done.. To a point where for me that would be the primary uniform and the pride would be more modern

i think you can improve toronto's pride pants by making the stripes horizontal to match the sleeve stripes

That might be a little TOO much...

I would make the road pants Columbia blue on the pride set.. Other wise it's a great set....

Glad you brought the wrap around s logo for sask

Only gripe with the prides there is sask always goes throwback.. Would like to have seen a black alt or something other than the throwback which is really well done.. To a point where for me that would be the primary uniform and the pride would be more modern

I'm not sure about Columbia blue pants. With Oxford blue as the primary color, that might throw off the color balance.

Yeah, Sask does always go to that throwback, but I don't think it would work as the primary uniform. The lack of black and silver and the classic striping wouldn't mesh too well with the logo. Maybe there's a more modern way to implement the throwback design, but the striping based on the logo is just so unique. I appreciate the feedback, though!

Apologies to you , MBannon92.

You do indeed deserve more detailed response than what I provided. You are clearly putting the effort into the concepts.

To elaborate on the Rider ones:

I like that you brought back the wrap around stripe, and found different ways to work that pattern into the uniform. I particularly like the shoulder caps.

I also like the wheat being incorporated into the neck line trim. It is a distinctive, yet simple, pattern that works here.

The pride with the altered helmet logo is solid, however, the rest of the uniform is basically in use (also being their best current uniform).

It pains me to compliment them, so I hope you will appreciate the natural instinct to bash them, and instead give you deserved praise for great work on those, and all the teams.

I like the Argo prides, the striping is great through out.

Not as much a fan of the striping on the primary, jersey, or pants.

A few comments mb...

First of all... great series so far.

I hope you can throw in a couple of new "expansion" teams (QC and Halifax).

I really like your lumberjack-inspired Redblack unis.

The red and black "Kawartha Dinner Jacket" (lumberjack shirt) is a Canadian icon.

The team could merchandise the crap outta that theme.

The 'Riders should just go green and white IMO. (not a knock on your work)

There's nothing better than a good, clean, crisp, one-colour-and-white uniform.

The horizontally-striped Argo helmets look fantastic.

The oars on your new ship logo could be a little beefier.

Other than that, the new-version logo looks really good.

I'm with Djruggs, though. I miss that old "Block-A" helmet.

Maybe there could be a third Argo uni?

Really enjoying this thread.

Liking those MTL pride uniforms and the Riders are nice as well. Maybe it's just me, but I like the shield logo for Toronto more (not saying your concept is bad though because it is a very clean logo). Off the topic of logos I feel Ottowa could have gone with Renegades as their nickname and used the new logos (RedBlacks still hasn't grown on me).

Thanks for the comments everybody. I may go back and add the A to the primary helmet. Looking back the boat was only on the helmet for a short period of time. The logo would still be great for promotions and merch.

Winnipeg is done (as all of these have been), so I'll post tonight or tomorrow when I get to my laptop.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers

The Blue Bombers' new look for 2015 is a familiar one, but still moves forward into the future while honoring the past. Winnipeg keeps the navy and Vegas gold color scheme the team has worn the last several years, but returns to the classic Northwestern stripes that were a part of Bombers Football for decades. Modern numbers complement the wordmark and bring the primary uniforms into the present. The Pride uniforms take cues from the Royal Canadian Air Force, with chevrons on the sleeve caps and an all-blue home look, and feature a royal blue and athletic gold color scheme that honors both the RCAF and the history of the Blue Bombers.

21T8FDe.png?1

KnjJCRt.png?1

Archived