Nike + CFL 2015 (Winnipeg 7/6)

mbannon92

Ottawa RedBlacks

The CFL’s newest franchise, the Ottawa RedBlacks, take the field in 2015 in a look befitting of their youth in the league. The primary uniforms feature an R-less logo on the sleeves, with matching chainsaw striping on the pants, and the home set features red pants to honor the team’s name. The RedBlacks’ Pride uniforms expand upon the team’s lumberjack-inspired identity, with a higher emphasis on red and red and black plaid on the helmet, sleeve caps, and pants. The look is sure to be a hit among die-hard fans and hipsters alike.

sBndRGa.png?1

CLJlmCi.png?1

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you should fill the entire sleeve cap with black and then have the saw blade right on the seam, right now its too small

The sleeve caps on the Mach Speed template aren't semi-circular though, so that wouldn't work very well.

Also, c'mon people, this response is pathetic. Even if all you have to say is that you like something, I'd love some comments!

you should fill the entire sleeve cap with black and then have the saw blade right on the seam, right now its too small

The sleeve caps on the Mach Speed template aren't semi-circular though, so that wouldn't work very well.

Also, c'mon people, this response is pathetic. Even if all you have to say is that you like something, I'd love some comments!

Sure! I like Ottawa's design, a nod to lumberjacks and the saw striping. I'm not as big a fan of Montreal's pride jersey. It needs more blue/ silver IMO. Right now it kinda looks like a college football jersey.

I'm not a huge fan of the Redblacks design. The actual design has grown on me but I think that I'd rather see something more along the lines of: red plaid design creating stripes like the old Roughrider jerseys. Black matte plaid on the helmets to give it a textured effect, somewhat like the Seahawks. For the home, lose the red pants and go with black or white only. I do like that you didn't include a white helmet in the design. It seems sort of pointless to me.

Those Alouettes pride uniforms make me sad about the state of the Arizona Cardinals. They look so good.

I don't like how much monochrome you have been using personally. There's BC, Edmonton, and Calgary. I think that Calgary home pride in particular would be an absolute eyesore; maybe switch to white for the home and go with red on the road. That's a matter of taste, however. Keep up the good work!

Als pride unis are fantastic def a faux back very good

The regs are better than what they currently wear.. Easy

Really like a red pants option for ottawa....and red numbers should be on the roads.. Glad you didn't give em a white lid

Hey, thanks everyone! To address some comments...

Sure! I like Ottawa's design, a nod to lumberjacks and the saw striping. I'm not as big a fan of Montreal's pride jersey. It needs more blue/ silver IMO. Right now it kinda looks like a college football jersey.

The Alouettes' Pride uniforms were modeled after their 60s set, which was all red and white, so that was my thinking there.

With the RedBlacks, I'm a huge fan of the pride sets, but I dislike the road primary. I feel like it's lacking something, and when I look at it, I feel it's a b&w set. I think that it needs some red to tie it all together.

Really like a red pants option for ottawa....and red numbers should be on the roads.. Glad you didn't give em a white lid

I agree that the RedBlacks have some areas that could use some work, especially the road uniform. I didn't want to go with red numbers because the Pride unis use them, as the corresponding home jersey is red. So I went with the same thinking on the primary road. Maybe I'll just flip the colors of the numbers on the primary and Pride road jerseys.

I'm not a huge fan of the Redblacks design. The actual design has grown on me but I think that I'd rather see something more along the lines of: red plaid design creating stripes like the old Roughrider jerseys. Black matte plaid on the helmets to give it a textured effect, somewhat like the Seahawks. For the home, lose the red pants and go with black or white only. I do like that you didn't include a white helmet in the design. It seems sort of pointless to me.

As far as the design of the Pride jerseys, I feel like the plaid on the sleeves would be too small if I confined it in a stripe, especially with how small sleeve caps have become. If this were a uniform in, say, the 80s I'd definitely make it a stripe to match the helmet and pants. I can try that idea on the helmet, but I'm not sure how well it'll turn out.

Those Alouettes pride uniforms make me sad about the state of the Arizona Cardinals. They look so good.

I don't like how much monochrome you have been using personally. There's BC, Edmonton, and Calgary. I think that Calgary home pride in particular would be an absolute eyesore; maybe switch to white for the home and go with red on the road. That's a matter of taste, however. Keep up the good work!

I agree that there's a lot of monochrome, but I tried to design the Pride jerseys with a Nike mindset, and they've done a lot of monochrome lately. I also wanted to change the colorways up from teams' primary uniforms. And ironically, the uniform the Calgary Pride set is based off actually WAS monochrome! :D Here's a link.

Montreal Alouettes

The Alouettes new uniforms are inspired by the teams of the 70s but decidedly modern and befitting of the 21st century. The blue home jerseys with red sleeves return as the primary look, but are complemented by tapered shoulder stripes. Matching stripes on the helmet and pants give Montreal some much needed consistency in their look. The white away uniforms match the look of the home, but with a blue pants option to keep things fresh. The Pride uniforms share the Alouettes’ red and white scheme of the 60s, with the primary logos’ three streaks featured on the helmet, jersey and socks offering a modern take on Montreal’s classic look.

hpy7mqH.png?1

...Love these uniforms mb.

You've blended the 2 eras together beautifully.

The helmets are super-sweet...a fantastic take on the old winged buckets.

Great job!

I'll come back and make changes once I have all the teams posted, so know that I'm listening to the C&C! So, without further adieu...

Saskatchewan Roughriders

The Roughriders are one of the most storied franchises in the CFL West Division, with 28 divison championships and 19 Grey Cup appearances, and this long history is well represented in the team's new uniform sets. The primary uniforms are inspired by the 1989 champions, with a wraparound logo on the helmet and sleeve and pants striping derived from the primary logo. A wheat pattern on the collar completes the look and honors Saskatchewan's agricultural roots. The Pride uniforms feature the franchise's popular 1960s throwback design. The simple green and white, two-striped look is completed with a single "S" on each side of the helmet, capturing the pride and tradition of Roughriders football.

EzODWmF.png?1

5Z7VSiz.png?1

I also would like to see some red on the Redblack's away set. I would actually think about having them wear the red pants on the road as well. I don't know if the TV numbers would fit on the shoulder caps, but I think it would improve the look if they do fit. Right now the shoulder caps feel empty to me.

award%20sig.png

Archived