Titans' LP Field renamed Nissan Stadium

dolphins91

The Adelphia situation set aside, it's crazy to see this stadium with another name already. Meanwhile, the White Sox' park is still named US Cellular Field 13 years later, despite the fact that US Cellular sold its Chicago service market to Sprint three years ago.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

The Adelphia situation set aside, it's crazy to see this stadium with another name already. Meanwhile, the White Sox' park is still named US Cellular Field 13 years later, despite the fact that US Cellular sold its Chicago service market to Sprint three years ago.

Wrigley Field has the same name almost 90 years later because ownership still has a soul.

They could've also thrown back a bit and christened it Nissan Coliseum.

That said...I'm not surprised by this in the least. Nissan has a GINORMOUS presence and influence in middle Tennessee, what with corporate offices barely 20 miles (if that) down in Franklin and an automotive plant over in Smyrna, about the same distance down southeast. This will only further boost Nissan's profile in the area.

Though this now leaves me to ponder the corporate future of oriented strand board in the Music City...

(I don't expect anyone to get that last part.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

That said...I'm not surprised by this in the least. Nissan has a GINORMOUS presence and influence in middle Tennessee, what with corporate offices barely 20 miles (if that) down in Franklin and an automotive plant over in Smyrna, about the same distance down southeast. This will only further boost Nissan's profile in the area.

Though this now leaves me to ponder the corporate future of oriented strand board in the Music City...(I don't expect anyone to get that last part.)

You didn't expect an architect to read this, did you? Rest assured, your reference to OSB has not gone unnoticed...

QPR%20Sig.png

Though this now leaves me to ponder the corporate future of oriented strand board in the Music City...(I don't expect anyone to get that last part.)

You didn't expect an architect to read this, did you? Rest assured, your reference to OSB has not gone unnoticed...

Figures it'd have come from you of all people. :P How you been? Missing "the best care in the air" yet? (Let's see who catches THAT one...haha)

So...Nashville now has Nissan Stadium to go along with Bridgestone Arena....

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Wrigley Field has the same name almost 90 years later because ownership still has a soul.

Hey, you're doing a great job showing that Cubs fans totally, seriously don't care at all about the White Sox. For realz.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Missing "the best care in the air" yet? (Let's see who catches THAT one...haha)

Yes. I miss my chocolate chip cookies and direct flights.

On Topic - not knowing who LP was, I always considered it the home of natural gas.

It's where I sit.

Nissan Stadium sounds ... meh.

Why not Nissan Field? Rolls off the tongue better than Stadium.

When I see "field" (or "park"), I think baseball. When I see "stadium", I think football. There are reasonable exceptions, of course, such as Soldier Field, Lambeau Field, and Yankee Stadium, but Soldier and Lambeau were originally somewhat "flat" in their design, so the emphasis was still on the "field" when viewing the venue as a whole. It's hard for me to think of these modern towering structures as "fields", although I suppose the term is appropriate if you're only referring to the playing surface. But who really refers to the playing surface when talking about these large outdoor venues?

Midwest... sigh.

Apparently they sold off pieces of their fleet like a sports team closing down a venue; I know somebody who has a pair of leather seats from one of their planes.

But as for the Titans, I'm so out of it I didn't even know that their field had been renamed LP.

Archived