My take on International Soccer (Norway posted 7/4)

upperV03

Hello all, I have recently decided to take a short hiatus from my MLS kit concepts, and with the Women's World Cup ongoing, I bring to you kit designs for both the USMNT and USWNT. As many of you would probably agree, the kits the US women are wearing in this World Cup leave something to be desired, both from a color and design standpoint. With these concepts, I decided to bring back two classic design elements the US has used in the past; the sash and hoops. On both kits, a monochromatic blue crest is used, and each features a solid red polo collar, as well as a red stripe going down the shorts. The primary kit, which can be paired with either white or blue shorts, features a subtle light grey sash going diagonally down the torso. The secondary kit, which can again be paired with both pairs of shorts, is deep royal blue with parts of thirteen tonal hoops, a nod to the stripes from the flag, and the thirteen original colonies. The names and numbers, which are blue on the home kit and white on the away, have been slightly modified, going from Rex Bold to Rex Bold Inline. Overall, I wanted to give both national teams a colorful and classic design, while also instituting some more modern elements. Any C&C you all have would be much appreciated.

SjM14MM.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ The reason I chose to use the monochromatic crests is because it frankly just looks better in my mind. I hate their crest, and hate how the stripes and background of the stars are the wrong colors, and making it monochrome makes that seem less offensive IMO. Also, since I accidentally double posted this topic, could you guys pick one of the threads to make comments on, instead of making comments on both?

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Is the name on the last jersey grey? Might want to make it white if it isn't. I agree

That o would like to see more red

The last name on the blue jersey is white, but there is a thin blue line in each letter, making it appear grey. You might be able to see that if you click on the image to enlarge it. And regarding the lack of red, there will be a red third kit soon so that will add some more red to the overall set. For the Home and Away kits I wanted red to be limited to just a small accent color, as I am not a huge fan of the bright blue and red they are using now, and wanted to abstain from using both colors in large amounts in my designs.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As I mentioned earlier, I have for you the third kit, which would be somewhat of a special edition kit worn for a few select matches by both US national teams. The shirt is predominately red, with a deep royal blue collar, and sleeve cuffs of the same color. The crest is still monochrome and blue to create a certain cohesion between the three kits, and it makes it so all three kits can be paired with either pair of shorts. The shirt itself features thin tonal horizontal pinstripes going across the torso, and is very similar in design to the white home kit that the men are still wearing. The blue shorts from the secondary kit combine with the shirt to create a striking combination of red/blue/red, as red socks with the same tonal pinstripes from the shirt are paired with the kit. Again, hope you enjoy and feel free to leave C&C.

qWceB4T.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^^ I thought that as well but red shorts really didn't look right to me with the set, and white shirts made it look kind of England-esque, except for the blue collar and cuffs. I'll go back and change some things.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So I've slightly updated the third kit, making it red from head to toe, and making the horizontal pinstripes more noticeable. As always, if you have any comments, suggestions, etc, I am all ears.

tXeZ6nn.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

i dont think you are using the right font, there shouldnt be that line in the middle, that is if you are trying to have the same font as they had in the world cup

I mentioned in the OP that I used Rex Bold Inline instead of Rex Bold for the font, hence the line in the middle. The reason for that is because I am a huge fan of the font that is currently being used by the Dutch teams, which has a similar effect. So if it were me I would rather see them use this version, and decided to use it in these concepts.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Love the white shirt and blue shorts combo -- and actually enjoy the limited use of red (in reality, Home Kit option 1 has a good amount of red with the stripes and collar).

One thing that may be interesting is to treat the monochromatic crest differently for each kit (think Manchester United last year, and Everton this year). Maybe it could be full color for the home kit, all blue for the away kit, and all red for the third kit. Or all red on the away kit and all blue on the third kit as more of a pop of color.

Just some ideas to play around with ...

i dont think you are using the right font, there shouldnt be that line in the middle, that is if you are trying to have the same font as they had in the world cup

I mentioned in the OP that I used Rex Bold Inline instead of Rex Bold for the font, hence the line in the middle. The reason for that is because I am a huge fan of the font that is currently being used by the Dutch teams, which has a similar effect. So if it were me I would rather see them use this version, and decided to use it in these concepts.

ok, sorry didnt read all of the op, but actually the dutch don't use Rex as their font, they use a different font. you can get it off of the conrad font post, its called Oranje 2014

ok, sorry didnt read all of the op, but actually the dutch don't use Rex as their font, they use a different font. you can get it off of the conrad font post, its called Oranje 2014

I said that I used Rex Bold Inline instead of Rex Bold, which is the font that the US uses. I also said that the reason for that was because of my fondness for the font the Dutch use, which has a similar effect to Rex Bold Inline, meaning they both have the line in the middle. Never did I say that I thought Rex Bold Inline was the font that the Dutch use, I just said that I used Rex Bold Inline to try and mimic the style of the Dutch font.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have decided to turn this thread into one where I design kits for various national teams, and not just the US. I have decided to be done with the US, as I am very happy with what I have for them, and now I have Brazil. For Brazil's home kit, the shirt is solid yellow with a bold green horizontal stripe behind the team crest and Nike logo. The chest stripe is bordered by two thin light green stripes, and the names/numbers are solid green. The shorts of the home kit are blue with subtle horizontal, gradient-filled pinstripes, and are similar to the shorts from last season's dark green third kit. White socks with a bold blue horizontal stripe complete the iconic look of the home kit. The away kit, which features a henley collar, is similar to the away kit just debuted by the Brazil women at the WWC. The shirt features a unique gradient, fading from blue to teal to yellow to white, and the shorts are solid white. Blue socks which fade to teal complete the stylish design of the away kit. Anyways, feel free to leave C&C.

Ogr6Jr4.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

^^ Brazil's traditional away kit is blue shirt/white shorts/ blue socks. Green shorts and socks would cause a huge uproar amongst fans of the Selecao, and I wanted to create something that is bold and edgy, but still sticks to tradition.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived