My take on International Soccer (Norway posted 7/4)

upperV03

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The away is a bit too much for me. I understand the whole "new and edgy" argument, but to me, Brazil is a hard kit to change and still pull it off. Valiant effort, but I would rather see a more traditional look.

However, I really like what you did with the US. Keep up the good work!

spacer.png

Crabcake47, I agree with you in that Brazil is a hard team to change as far as kits go, but I think that it is much more so for the iconic yellow/blue/white home kit. Brazil has experimented with their away kits a few times, and as long as the kit remains blue/white/blue, I think there is room for some experimentation and edginess within the design.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Crabcake47, I agree with you in that Brazil is a hard team to change as far as kits go, but I think that it is much more so for the iconic yellow/blue/white home kit. Brazil has experimented with their away kits a few times, and as long as the kit remains blue/white/blue, I think there is room for some experimentation and edginess within the design.

Fair enough.

spacer.png

I am back today with France, who has had possibly the classiest kits in the world for the past several years. I am quite fond of both kits that were used last year at the world cup, so I wanted to use those as a base and further enhance them. Both kits return to the crest that has been used on all other Nike kits before last year's, but this time it is contrast colored, rather than being the same color as the respective shirt. So for the home kit, the shirt is blue with a white collar, and the entire front and back is covered in thin tonal hoops, a design that has been used in some way on nearly all of the kits that Nike has produced for the French. I opted to keep the sleeves solid blue, because I thought it looked better and was slightly different than previous designs. White shorts with a thin red stripe on both sides, and red socks with tonal hoops complete the traditional home kit combination for the French. The away kit features a white shirt with a henley collar, and this time the shirt has six light grayish-blue hoops covering the middle of the torso, and the upper and lower parts of the kit are left solid white. Thin red cuffs complete the shirt, while the shorts are navy blue with a thin white stripe on each side. White socks with thin grayish-blue hoops complete the away kit. The home kit can be also be paired with blue shorts and blue or red socks, while the away kit can be paired with white shorts. Anyways, C&C would be much appreciated.

F7dEACR.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

so i think this is good but just a few tweaks would make it better. The first 2 options are definitely the best, the badge should be the old school one that they are using now, because that is one of the things that give france that classy and traditional look, having that big badge shape on there just doesnt look good thats why nike has made the shield the same color as the jersey. the stripes on the away should go all the way down to the bottom, to actual give it the french sailor look for which it is based, having the 6 stripes across the middle just doesn't look good. I like the red on the cuffs, but I would like to see it somewhere else either on the navy shorts or on the white socks, doesn't need to be a lot. I think if you change those things then you really got a winner

so i think this is good but just a few tweaks would make it better. The first 2 options are definitely the best, the badge should be the old school one that they are using now, because that is one of the things that give france that classy and traditional look, having that big badge shape on there just doesnt look good thats why nike has made the shield the same color as the jersey. the stripes on the away should go all the way down to the bottom, to actual give it the french sailor look for which it is based, having the 6 stripes across the middle just doesn't look good. I like the red on the cuffs, but I would like to see it somewhere else either on the navy shorts or on the white socks, doesn't need to be a lot. I think if you change those things then you really got a winner

I can understand all of the things you mentioned, except for the part that I bolded. The idea is obviously to mimic that french sailor look, but in order to seperate the kit from previous iterations, the application of the design must be different. Also, color blocking and striping is really in right now as far as fashion goes, and this kit essentially blends that fashion-forward idea with the french sailor look. Other than that, however, I will certainly look into making the other changes that you suggested, and thank you for the ideas.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

The previous kits have had stripes cover all the jersey, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that you add more stripes so that it goes to the bottom, so that the stripes would start where they already are (right at the bottom of the sleeves) and then extend down which would actually be closer to the sailor look then what Nike has done for the past years. Plus that's not color blocking, having 6 grey stripes is not color blocking.

The previous kits have had stripes cover all the jersey, but that's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that you add more stripes so that it goes to the bottom, so that the stripes would start where they already are (right at the bottom of the sleeves) and then extend down which would actually be closer to the sailor look then what Nike has done for the past years. Plus that's not color blocking, having 6 grey stripes is not color blocking.

Okay, I misunderstood what you were suggesting, and I will try and make that change. And I wasn't saying that having 6 grey stripes is color blocking, I was merely saying that color blocking is in right now, as is using patterns (i.e. stripes) in a similar fashion to color blocking. Anyways, enough about color blocking. I should have that update here soon within the next hour or two.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Alright here are the updated France kits, which now feature the changes that were suggested. The old school crest is now used, and the hoops on the away shirt now extend all the way to the bottom. And lastly, there is a very thin red stripe within the white stripe on the blue shorts. Once again, C&C is welcomed.

mHesAGO.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I am back today with England, with whom I wanted to keep fairly traditional, all the while implementing some more modern and subtle designs. For the home kit, St. George's Cross is sublimated on both the front and back of the shirt, paying tribute to the famous flag of England. A modern v-neck collar is used, as well as thick sleeve cuffs, and each features a thin red line within a white base. The home kit is paired with royal blue shorts, which feature white side panels with a thin red line in the middle, and white socks with red and blue applications complete the home kit. The home kit can also be paired with white shorts, which feature the same side panel design as the blue shorts. The away kit features the traditional red shirt, which has three large tonal hoops, each containing 2 different tones of red, and 3 attached hoops. A thin white polo collar is used, which features a thin red line in the middle, just like the home kit. White shorts are paired with the shirt, with red side panels and a thin line in the middle that is a darker shade of red. Red socks complete the traditional away kit combination, and they have the same tonal hoops as the shirt. The red shirt can also be paired with red shorts, which are done in the same style as the blue shorts of the home kit. C&C is welcomed and appreciated.

YgCq4sA.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

So the purpose of the options is to show what would be the primary and secondary options for both kits. So the home kit would be white/blue/white unless there was a clash, in which case they would switch to white shorts. And the away kit would be red/white/red unless there was a clash.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Really love the collar/cuffs on the home kit -- I feel like those areas can often be under utilized as design pieces in soccer kits.

One suggestion I might make however is to remove the stripe from the collar on the away kit -- I think it clutters a really clean top and it would help the sublimated hoops to pop a little better (you would lost the striping consistency on option 2 though)

Archived