New Fictional Basketball League, USPBL (Tucson Saguaros new logo and uniforms added.)

QThaGAWD

While some seagulls have that black stripe on the beak, I would get rid since it looks like its mouth got shut. I would also shorten the dark grey and stripe thingy at the bottom of the right wing to make it equal with the left wing. Finally, I would balance out the outline of the seagull since the outline is thinner and thicker in some place. I really like the idea and where you're heading with this.

u3J7jjd.png

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While some seagulls have that black stripe on the beak, I would get rid since it looks like its mouth got shut. I would also shorten the dark grey and stripe thingy at the bottom of the right wing to make it equal with the left wing. Finally, I would balance out the outline of the seagull since the outline is thinner and thicker in some place. I really like the idea and where you're heading with this.

Its a perspective thing. Its not suppose to be equal, the mouth is shut and is suppose to look that way. That is why its not all one color grey, its a shadow effect that i tried out. Again its not suppose to look equal.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

3 NEW LOGOS (Version 1.0)

Las Vegas Silver Aces(Modeled after a poker chip):

aces_zpsjncoah4y.png

Albuquerque Dessert Dogs(design not final REALLY need C&C) :

albuquerque%20mk1_zpse1ij3jod.jpg

El Paso Stars (Modeled after an old school sheriff badge and the El Paso Star on the city seal):

El%20Paso%20mk2_zpst0stilhq.png

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

ABQ looks .... awkward

Why is the Las Vegas logo so big?

Anyways everything looks good so far

the LV logo is like that because i saved it as a different file type than the other 2 by mistake ill re-upload a smaller one

do you have any ideas for Albuquerque because im stumped

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Ah I see this is gonna be a roundel league, just like the real NBA. I think you can make it work these are good starts. I would not usually say clutter is better, but for ABQ maybe add some mountains or a sun in the background of the roundel, show some of that desert aspect. Vegas looks good

Albu...qzxuy7- shading an eye? right now it looks too empty.

The other ones- why more roundels?

the albuquerque one was suppose to be just a silhouette but i do think it looks empty so i will try shading

and the reason for roundels is because im a big fan of them but i will try and go away from them in the next logos

thank you for your C&C

Ah I see this is gonna be a roundel league, just like the real NBA. I think you can make it work these are good starts. I would not usually say clutter is better, but for ABQ maybe add some mountains or a sun in the background of the roundel, show some of that desert aspect. Vegas looks good

im gonna try and go away from the roundels im just a big fan of getting the identity of the team across in a big way without doing too much thank you for the suggestion of the mountains as well i will try and come up with an idea that incorporates it and maybe even scrap the roundel. thank you for your C&C it was truly needed :)

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

after reading C&C i got straight to drawing decided to make the new verion of the Albu logo into the shape of a belt buckle(simple rectangle/square) i was drawing a new wolf or coyote as well and was using silhouette searches as inspiration but there was this great image i saw and i thought itd be great for the logo so i added it and i want to know if i should keep it or continue with the one i was using before.

Darkened the red and yellow: (i added the simple shadow effects to it)

albuquerque%20mk2.jpg_zpsmm1vkumb.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Great so far on logos, but Seagulls could still use some touchups to make it look more "fierce."

thank you. what do you suggest? should i change the eye or make it scowl a little more?

EDIT: Hows this?

gulls%20mk3_zpsesydeiem.png

i feel like its a little overdone could use more C&C.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

after reading C&C i got straight to drawing decided to make the new verion of the Albu logo into the shape of a belt buckle(simple rectangle/square) i was drawing a new wolf or coyote as well and was using silhouette searches as inspiration but there was this great image i saw and i thought itd be great for the logo so i added it and i want to know if i should keep it or continue with the one i was using before.

Ahah now I think is the perfect time for a roundel! Just around that sun. BIG IMPROVEMENT. I like moving to the full dog instead of just his head. I think the interior works and is good for a simple logo (which is good), I think you just need to find a way to bring it together. A big box around the logo just doesn't look good. You're very close to getting this one keep up the good work!

Great so far on logos, but Seagulls could still use some touchups to make it look more "fierce."

thank you. what do you suggest? should i change the eye or make it scowl a little more?

Looks better, I would still suggest simplifying the face, as it seems too detailed.

Norfolk Captains look great!

fiowXOD.png

Ahah now I think is the perfect time for a roundel! Just around that sun. BIG IMPROVEMENT. I like moving to the full dog instead of just his head. I think the interior works and is good for a simple logo (which is good), I think you just need to find a way to bring it together. A big box around the logo just doesn't look good. You're very close to getting this one keep up the good work!

i was trying to stay away from roundels but i do think youre right in saying this should have one so i'll edit it and post it again later.

Looks better, I would still suggest simplifying the face, as it seems too detailed.

Norfolk Captains look great!

same thing i said, i think it looks a little overdone compared to the rest of the logo so ill simplify it and repost later

thank you both for your C&C.

The R in Norfolk looks a lot like an A, so I would change up the font. The logo is quite plain and doesn't really like a sports logo. I would remove the triangle and make the captain more intimidating.

i'll see what i can come up with, thanks for your C&C.

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

UPDATE(CAPTAINS & SEAGULLS):

Captains: tweaked the original design and added elements from the second take. i think it works well and will be the main logo for the team.

Norfolk%20mk2_zpsmwexprjj.png

​Seagulls: Still working on the details to make them noticeable but not too over done, i think i found a common ground.

gulls%20mk3_zpsdbreafc7.png

banner_zps4po4z5y5.png

Archived