2030 FIFA World Cup Fauxback Series by timberwolf (Hungary and Netherlands updated from wgeddes122 advice)

timberwolf

*credits to raysox for the idea*

As you all know, the 2030 World Cup will be the 100th anniversary of the FIFA World Cup. 100 years of the beautiful game on a international stage. I set out to create fauxbacks for 20 kits for teams from the 1930 and 1934 tournaments. I'm also not great at keeping up with series as you all know but I've completed the whole thing I'm just going to post them every 3 (?) days or every day, whatever is better. Without further ado:

Fgo3mto.png

You can probably guess all of these teams from the graphic above but it's no spoiler as these are all teams who've played in the 1930 and 34 competitions. And yes, that is Yugoslavia, who is being played by an all star team from Serbia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, and Croatia. They will take the name of the former state as well as the flag in the crest for the badge.

Please leave feedback and C&C! Enjoy the series!

GAME 1 - NETHERLANDS VS HUNGARY

The Dutch and Hungary both made debuts in the 1934 tournaments. The Dutch made a first round exit with a disappointing 3-2 to the Swiss and Hungary beat Egypt in the first round but went home after a loss to Austria. They met in the fauxback series to kick off the event.

Inspiration...

D04jxHl.png

Hungary wore maroon shirts with maroon shorts and green socks, almost exactly modeled after their 1934 kits. The Dutch came out in royal blue shirts with royal blue shorts and orange socks, with the Dutch flag on the socks and sleeves.

iGE8uyS.png

I am totally pumped for this. What's nice about that Yugoslavia team is that they will be more competitive, with players like mamzukic and modric from emerging teams like Croatia and Bosnia. Great idea here

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

I'm a fan of those kits. Maybe orange numbers on NED? Or is that too modern

I chose to have white numbers because orange isn't a huge part of the kit, and the early numbers were mostly all white. Which one would like to see next?

the 2034 world cup might actually be more memorable, because that would be the 25th world cup, its kinda hard to a "100 years" idea , because it really hasn't been 100 years, they didn't have a tournament in '42 and '46, plus they only play it every 4 years, maybe go with a 25th anniversary world cup, and expand the field to the current thirty two

the 2034 world cup might actually be more memorable, because that would be the 25th world cup, its kinda hard to a "100 years" idea , because it really hasn't been 100 years, they didn't have a tournament in '42 and '46, plus they only play it every 4 years, maybe go with a 25th anniversary world cup, and expand the field to the current thirty two

Yeah I see where you're coming from. I decided on 1930 because it's the 100th anniversary of the first game played of the World Cup.

GAME 2 - PERU vs ROMANIA

We go right from two powerhouses of the day to two lesser-known teams (I think I'll do this so that I won't be posting all the "good games" right away. Peru and Romania were both including in the field of 13 teams at the 1930 World Cup. Both failed to get out of the group stage and Peru was hardly seen at the World Cup again. Romania was a regular but not-so-great contender at the event every four years.

Inspiration...

qfyxZcD.jpgnHMqoiL.jpg

The Peru side walked out in a mostly white set with red accents and striping on the socks with white as the base sock colour. Romania wore a more colourful set with a lighter blue shirt and gold shorts with blue and gold socks.

zVphIor.png

so are you just recreating what they wore for either the 1930 or 34 world cup, because frankly I don't see any design to these, you're just putting them into the raysox template. this would be cool to see if there were some design elements to the jersey, not just recreations of the old ones. The only differences I see are some colors have changed for some of the collars and socks, and you add the stripes on the dutch sleeve. if anything this is just a throwback series not a fauxback because you are just literally recreating what the teams had at the time

So I decided to update the first game with Wgeddes122's suggestion. More flair and creativity. I apologize for the lack of it at the beginning. Those kits were the second soccer kits I've done in my whole life so I'm hoping to learn from someone like yourself on how to improve.

Hungary

-added chest stripe, which takes inspiration from their 1934 kits

-cross onto numbers (from their crests)

Netherlands

-added a navy gradient at the bottom, not much else

I'm stuck on what to add for the Dutch, leave comments please!

z3RL5Nl.png

Very good. I like what you've done. I don't have complaints about the kits. Make sure the stripe on the back of Hungary is wide enough to fit large numbers like 88 and such. Very good I'm going to follow this one

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

Very good. I like what you've done. I don't have complaints about the kits. Make sure the stripe on the back of Hungary is wide enough to fit large numbers like 88 and such. Very good I'm going to follow this one

Thanks! Yeah I'll make sure of that!

Archived