Bird-Dog logo *C&C NEEDED*

NDFreek

Birddog1.png

I just got a new laptop so I decided to finally install Paint.NET. I've been playing with it for a few days now and I like it, but I'm kinda stuck with this logo I've been working on. I would love some pointers on how to better my Paint.NET usage and what I can do to make this logo pop more. Thanks!

spacer.png

For a start, the first thing I noticed were the legs, they seem too 2D like, in a way were I find 4 legs on one side than 2. I would recommend giving some shadows and shade to emphasize the form of the dog. I'm guessing your trying to make the dog look vicious, but instead I see more of a smirk on his face, if that's what you were going for than you hit the spot, but if not try to show the teeth in the smile, that would make him look more furious. As for the bending leg, it looks too short and floppy.

Hope I helped.

77QSUj8.pngqCeHhp1.png?1

*pointers* -that's appropriate.

I expect "viscous" was meaning "vicious."

Regarding the flat, 2D look (it's a a silhouette, other than the face and wings), the legs should not be even, from this perspective, and an extra line or two to help us understand which leg is closest to us will also provide some visual depth.

I'm not an expert on the anatomy of flying dogs, but I think the wings need to connect to the body a little lower (vertically).

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

Archived