Argyle Wallpapers - Suitable for anything

EJ_Barlik

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 3 suggestions. The Winnipeg Jets, Toronto Blue Jays and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. But if you only want to or have time to do one, I would like to see the Winnipeg Jets the most. Maybe even a new and retro one even. You're doing a phenomenal job on these by the way.

Team Canada world juniors!

The red should be the same as the Calgary Flames and the black is well...black.

For the logo, I want the old style leaf they used at the juniors in 1996 (?) but that's probably wrong. It looks like the Leafs old alternate but it's team canada. Thanks!

How about the New York Red Bulls?

Someone will need to point me to some color guides and specs on this one. I'm not a big soccer guy, so I am not familiar with the primary/secondary colors of the Red Bulls. Thanks!

Here is a site that has the hex colors for MLS, the big American sports, and the EPL. Hopefully this can help.

I was also wonderng if I could get the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, & US Soccer. I know it's a lot of requests so you can take your time.

OK - for the Knicks, I did not find an official color guide on the web, so I used the .gif at CCSL. I'll drop this under the category of an "approximation".

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20KnicArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20KnicArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Knic

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Someone will need to point me to some color guides and specs on this one. I'm not a big soccer guy, so I am not familiar with the primary/secondary colors of the Red Bulls. Thanks!

Here is a site that has the hex colors for MLS, the big American sports, and the EPL. Hopefully this can help.

I was also wonderng if I could get the Knicks, Rangers, Yankees, & US Soccer. I know it's a lot of requests so you can take your time.

I also did not have the color guides for the Rangers, nor a color-optimized version of the logo. So I went off the logo on CCSL. I am making an educated guess that in the case of the Rangers, their secondary is the white and the tertiary is the red based on their recent battle versus the TB Lightning in the SC playoffs....with that stated:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20RangArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20RangArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Rang

Ah - the venerable NY Yankees. I grew up watching them on summer vacations back in the Reggie Jackson era when I used to visit my grandparents for the summer. Worked out great as my grandfather was a Red Sox fan, so it seemed like they were always on....

I didn't have the color-optimized colors. So again, I went back to CCSL. But then I was like...Red White & blue doesn't seem right, even though that's in their logo. And I remembered they preferred the grey/silver. Did some hunting on the interwebs and found a pretty cool Derek Jeter el capitan logo, so I went off the colors on that and think it's pretty close. All that being said, you Yankees fans get a couple of "bonus baby" wallpapers as I went ahead and dropped the CCSL and DJ logos on to both versions.....White was what I used as the secondary in both cases...

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20YankArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20York%20Yank

What site? where is the link???

Sorry about that. I didn't realize I forgot to put the link in.

http://teamcolors.arc90.com/

Thanks for putting in the hard work on my request.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Ok - so this batch comes at the PERFECT time, considering the USA Gals just won the Women's World Cup. I don't know the "official" team colors of the USA, but Red, Blue and White seemed like a reasonable guess. I found a good rendition of the logo on the internet with a gold border so I went off of that. Now, we could argue over whether the red or blue is primary, so I did editions with each. I used White as the tertiary and the gold in the logo, I used for the cross-hatching.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20ReArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20ReArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20Re

And then I thought to myself...wait a minute! I need to do a "champions edition" where I used gold as the third color and then white becomes the cross-hatching color:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20BlArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20ReArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20ReArgyle%20Pattern%201%20USA%20Soccer%20Re

And...as a special tribute to the host country Canada, I did up a special "WWC Tournament" pattern. I used Gold as the primary, along with Canada's red and white. And then I went with a special dark gold for the cross hatching. To top it all off, I found 3 pretty cool collector coins on the net, and used those as special tribute logos:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Canada%20WWC.pngArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Canada%20WWC%20MuArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Canada%20WWC%20MuArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Canada%20WWC%20MuArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Canada%20WWC%20Mu

You should do the purple,red,black. I feel the same about their new logo. Looks generic.

And here we go. Pulled the primary and secondary logos of the middle 90's from CCSL. Then, I took the liberty of making the black in the logo pure black (hex #000000). Then, I also pulled the grey/silver from the logo for the cross-hatching as I think it made it a little better than my "proprietary" purple that I typically use. (Maybe too much purple is not a good thing....hence the grey/silver.)

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20RaptorsArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20RaptorsArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20RaptorsArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Raptors

ECU one please

Arrrrrrrrrrgh! Sorry matey, didn't have the color optimized version of the Pirates' purple, gold, and white, so I pulled it from the logo on CCSL. Shiver me timbers, still looks pretty good....

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20East%20Carolina%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20East%20Carolina%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20East%20Carolina%2

Methinks perhaps though that there is a better logo out there somewhere with the sword.....

Can I get New Mexico Lobos and Arizona Cardinals? Thanks!

Per the school's website, the offical school colors are cherry and silver. Only logo reference I had was the CCSL logo, so I used that for my approximation.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20LoArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20LoArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20Lo

I already had the color-optimized Cards made up:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20CardinaArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20CardinaArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20Cardina

I have 3 suggestions. The Winnipeg Jets, Toronto Blue Jays and Winnipeg Blue Bombers. But if you only want to or have time to do one, I would like to see the Winnipeg Jets the most. Maybe even a new and retro one even. You're doing a phenomenal job on these by the way.

Man - as soon as I saw the colors on this one, I was wishing I had the color-optimized logos and color set. These are awesome! I think the colors were described somewhere as "Polar Night Blue", "Aviator Blue", and Silver. If these even close to accurate, wowsers. I just love how these colors play together on an argyle. So here's my approximations:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnipeg%20Jets%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnipeg%20Jets%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnipeg%20Jets%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnipeg%20Jets%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Winnipeg%20Jets%2

And thanks for the accolades. I'm nobody special in the world of graphic design, btw. I'm just doing these in my spare time, but I am a computer programmer. Not graphics, actual program code - for insurance of all things. I just have what I think is an eye for good color combos. Some teams have them, some don't. The new WJets are a great combo.

I've always had a passion for argyles, and I don't think I ever saw anyone doing graphics ideas on this site with them, so I figured - hey, why not?

This is only what I am calling "series one" of the argyle patterns I am posting. I am hoping to eventually do a "series two" with a different kind of argyle look with some additional elements thrown in. Time will tell though. This one seems to have been received positively, despite the minimum of feedback.

I already had the color-optimized colors for the Blue Jays, and I had to re-color the CCSL logo, but I think I got it right. So here are the color-optimized TBJ walls:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Blue%20Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Blue%20Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Blue%20

Can I get New Mexico Lobos and Arizona Cardinals? Thanks!

Per the school's website, the offical school colors are cherry and silver. Only logo reference I had was the CCSL logo, so I used that for my approximation.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20LoArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20LoArgyle%20Pattern%201%20New%20Mexico%20Lo

I already had the color-optimized Cards made up:

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20CardinaArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20CardinaArgyle%20Pattern%201%20Arizona%20Cardina

Very nice. Thank you!

56e455ee03d99_newmexico.png.a50dec533f84

Archived