Argyle Wallpapers - Suitable for anything

EJ_Barlik

Any chance would you take on Gallaudet University with these logos?

bisonstanding.png

gubison.png

Well, I was able to find a larger graphic of the buffalo head and used the official school color identity sheet (https://www.gallaudet.edu/Documents/PublicRelations/Gallaudet_Visual_Identity_Guide_rev04202012.pdf) to recolor the logo. The smaller standing buffalo is apparently no longer available on the web, so did the best I could, but I think it looks way small compared to the overall wallpaper. If you don't want me to re-color the logo according to the "official" school colors, I can do a round 2 with what I found on the web (closer to the gold in your graphic).

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Gallaudet%20Univ.Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Gallaudet%20Univ%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Gallaudet%20Univ%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Gallaudet%20Univ%

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love this concept, the only thing I realized is that it doesn't make a very good wireless device background as your icons get lost in the pattern... :(

Tough luck....

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

And now, a request....

Minnesota Wild.

My son is a huge fan (Yes, I'm an awful dad for letting that happen...) and it seems that their "Christmasy" colours are just asking for an argyle concept.

THANKS!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

I love this concept, the only thing I realized is that it doesn't make a very good wireless device background as your icons get lost in the pattern... :(

Tough luck....

Actually - I use it for that all the time on my Galaxy III. Maybe you need a better font, or at least one where the font is shadowed so the black line allows you to see the letters against colors or white. But in fairness to you, white letters on a light background do make for hard reading. Maybe you should try downloading the HiFont App for your phone. They have multi-color fonts now.....and no, I don't think they mean what you think. I think they are just multi-color fonts. As Freud used to say - sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....

As for font suggestions, try Exo_Black. I can read that against pretty much every background I have.

And now, a request....

Minnesota Wild.

My son is a huge fan (Yes, I'm an awful dad for letting that happen...) and it seems that their "Christmasy" colours are just asking for an argyle concept.

THANKS!

A. Not an awful dad

B. Very Christmas-y

C. Did not have an official color guide that I could find, so I went off the logo posted here at CCSL. I still think it came out pretty good. I used the setting sun yellow for the cross-hatching.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Minnesota%20Wild.Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Minnesota%20Wild%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Minnesota%20Wild%

The inevitable UNC please. #request

UNC

Well, according to this link, UNC re-did their entire brand identity this year, so the colors will look a little weird to those of you used to seeing the white very prominently. Apparently, grey/silver is now their 3rd color. So I went with it. Again, many thanks to CCSL for having their updated logos which I was able to re-color using the identity guide. But, I did add back the traditional white as the cross-hatching so as to not 100% eliminate it from the scheme. I don't think their new colors work "great" in an argyle as the primary blue is a somewhat "weird" shade and doesn't "pop" like some others (just my opinion, of course)....

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20North%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20North%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20North%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20North%20Carolina%Argyle%20Pattern%201%20North%20Carolina%

OK -- so as not to get stale....I thought I would come up with 3 other argyle patterns (maybe more will come in the future). This first series I have dubbed "series 1". The remainders are shown below. So you can see a consistency across the color ideas, I will show all four patterns in one post. If enough folks want a specific one, we can either branch into a new topic for that series, or else we can do them all here....maybe some feedback will help me decide.

For what I call my "America" patterns, I use Red, White and double blues. The darker is primary, and I also use royal blue for the cross-hatching.

Series 1

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20America.png

Series 2 features the corner argyles at a 45 degree angle (it sort of has a "stained glass" feel)

Argyle%20Pattern%202%20America.png

Series 3 is what I will call a "quilt" style argyle, mostly because it reminds me of so many bed quilts you can find in a lot of the bedding stores. It features a big diamond surrounded by smaller diamonds.

Argyle%20Pattern%203%20America.png

Series 4 is a real branch into creativity. I was playing around with my graphics program and found a "distort" setting that created spirals from an existing graphic. I played with the different sizes and spins and hit upon something I thought looked pretty good. Then, I dropped it into the 4 corners of the 3200x3200 pattern and played with the manipulation to get it to match my other design colors I was already using. Then, I dropped a giant + pattern (which you recognize from the series 1) into the center and offset them by the corner dividers. Here is the result:

Argyle%20Pattern%204%20America.png

Constructive feedback is welcome and appreciated. I know not everyone is a fan of argyles in general. That's cool. But I guess maybe it doesn't matter too much on the "color-optimized" stuff unless you are massively OCD (and I know some of us on the boards are). Do you like the series 2-series 4 patterns, or should we stick with series 1? Maybe you have some thoughts on an argyle pattern you have seen somewhere and want em to take a shot at duplicating it? And finally, if we do any from series 2, 3, or 4, should I branch them into a separate discussion topic? Would anyone like to see a "military camo" or "breast cancer awareness" series? Or is there another kind of color-series you would like to see? Now that you have seen a bit of my creativity in play, I think it's entirely fair to give the "fans" of this topic a choice in where it goes...

Thanks.

Toronto Maple Leafs please

All I had to go on was the CCSL logo. I don't know if they had a third color, so I used Black. If this is wrong, let me know and I can re-do.

Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Maple%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Maple%2Argyle%20Pattern%201%20Toronto%20Maple%2

Archived