Logo concept for a proposed new Minnesota NLL team

Viper

As you might have guessed from my signature below, (1) I am involved with a group working to get a new National Lacrosse League franchise in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area to replace the now-Georgia Swarm, and (2) one thing I've volunteered to do for the group is, you guessed it, design a concept logo for the would-be new team.

Our group has already managed to attract some interest from potential local investors, so we are in the midst of putting together a business proposal, including a possible new logo. This is somewhat challenging, as we have not even settled on a nickname yet. However, two of the most popular choices at the moment are the Spirit and the Mystics, so I have come up with a semi-abstract logo that could fit either one: basically a lacrosse stick, or at least the pocket of one, as a torch whose flames form the letter M (for Minnesota).

For now I've just sketched out the logo, scanned it and added my initial color scheme of electric sky blue, firewagon red, orange-yellow and midnight blue. Eventually I will make a proper vector-graphics version using Inkscape, but I thought I would put it up here for feedback first.

LogoSketch0001.jpg

CCSLC signature.png

Looks interseting, I kinda dig it.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Archived