BIG NHL EXPANSION PROJECT (Saskatchewan completed 28/7/15)

Christian Legault

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to see a Colorado team or an identity other than the Avs that focuses on the mountain identity and the wildlife there, like for team names, Elk, or Trout, or 14ers? And for a city, Fort Collins, Colorado Springs, or Estes Park? Anyways, can't wait for Houston, and Milwaukee looks great.

The Estes Park Rangers

Colorado Springs Fever

Fort Collins Follies

I like the Estes Park Elk, as if you've ever been to Estes, there are elk everywhere.

So i decided to do saskatchewan, since it was requested a while ago.

I went for the name "whitetails"

I played around all day with the deer and couldNt get something i liked. So i decided to simplify things. Shapes, and wheat.

Here it is. Please comment so i can change some things. And eventually perfect the identity

SWT_zpsbnyu8jj5.png

sig_zpsbkzghgfz.png

Twitter: @lestoplegault - Email: Christiantlegault@gmail.com Blog: http://legaultdesigns.blogspot.ca/

I see the potential of the logo. Yes, very Bucks-esque, but still unique with the wheat-antlers. The shield should stay, but maybe tweak the shape to resemble the Sask provincial flag. I'm a little confused by the deer face. Some of it is negative space, some of it not. I would change the V/W shape near the bottom (unless the intention was to spell a W). Maybe narrow it down.

Digging the double-green, maybe a shade darker on each. I would suggest a small highlight colour. Perhaps the purple on the berries from the Saskatoon city flag. Pop it in for the eyes of the deer. Also, I think a name like WhiteTails screams for at least a hint of white in the logo or jerseys.

Can't wait for the unis. Maybe a splash of that great wheat pattern on the trim, or in a shoulder patch.

Apologies if this is too many suggestions; just spitballin'.

Archived