Arizona Coyotes Concept

micalpickle

Hey everyone!

This is my first post on this site. Comments, criticism, and help of any kind would be appriciated.

Thanks!

-Ben

x58r6c.png

After the horrendous uniforms the Coyotes released at the NHL draft, that inspired me to make a concept simplifying and improving the franchise's look. The first thing I wanted to fix was the logo. If you have a logo that prominently features a color, don't you think you should somehow incorporate that color in the striping? I fixed that pet peeve of mine by simply replacing the desert tan with white. The jerseys themselves are inspired by the Pittsburgh Penguins' third jersey. I chose to go with no helmet logo for the simple fact that my images kept getting too pix elated to make out.

Like I said before, comments, criticism, and help would be a warm welcome!

IFI8izO.gif

This addresses the lack of contrast of the brick red coyote head against the brick red of the home uniform, as well. It's a clean and simple look that I like- much better than their new ones.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

I feel like the main color should be the brick red they use. It's a unique color and should be featured more prominently.

Totally agree. Looking for a brick red home and the black as an alt

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Both concepts are a huge improvement over the mess that was released last Friday. Still I think the concept was better before adding the rounded yokes. On a positive note, making brick the primary colour was a step in the right direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I like the yokes it gives them more force and makes them less static, but what I don't like on this amazing work is that it looks like the coyote is balancing the C on his nose but I can't figure out a solution...

The third one is a nice piece of history and fits with the coulors but I'd cut two of the rows (well done that the squares are turned! Better than the old style but still a connection to the origins of the design)

Sorry for my bad english...

Archived