PPL - Pennsylvania Premier League (Complete)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few comments:

1. This league is split with most teams being "out east"; as someone who grew up in the Hershey area, I know the east of PA is built up, but gotta give the Western PA folks more love than just Erie, New Castle, Pittsburgh, and Altoona.

2. The Williamsport sponsor bothers me; 84 Lumber is based out of Eighty Four, PA... You should have had a team out of Washington, PA and had 84 Lumber be their sponsor.

3. Still not sold on the Altoona Checkers name; that town is all about the Horseshoe Curve and it's railroading past.

4. Real New Castle? Nope. Also, CSX would be a better sponsor for them as they have a yard out there

5. Wilkes-Barre Express? Maybe. They probably should be referenced to the anthracite coal days; also CSX does not operate in that area of PA as Norfolk Southern operates that part with a few short-lines.

6. Pittsburgh Hammers... OK, but where's the "Yellow"... don't ya know that Wiz song "Black and Yellow"?

7. Hershey is probably my favorite... no one should ever mess up a Hershey team with the chocolate and park right there (ie: even "Hershey Wildcats" from the old A-League made sense since they were named after the Wildcat coaster).

Overall, cool idea... maybe I'm just critical, but I thought when you really examined things, your names and sponsors and colors didn't make sense always.

I complete missed this thread, and as a native Pennsylvanian, I might be a little critical as well. Pittsburgh needs gold. Period. But I reaps your choice to prevent three black and yellow teams. I also agree that western PA (because I grew up there) needs a few more teams. Other than that, I love everything!

Fear the future, envy the past

Archived