Raptors 905 --- D League Affiliate for Toronto

tron1013

again parent team for nba developmental league team has giving that team worse nickname they could think for minor league team nba d-league use have some cool nicknames for their teams before nba decide start have more active role in nba d-league

again parent team for nba developmental league team has giving that team worse nickname they could think for minor league team nba d-league use have some cool nicknames for their teams before nba decide start have more active role in nba d-league

Totally.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don't think it's that bad of a name. Generic? Yes. Boring? Yes. But at least it's not the OKC Blue or Toronto Woes.

what he said. Next on Raptors 905, Taylor Swift followed by 12 hours of Drake.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I am genuinely worried about how this brand is going to be used in the real world. The NBA, and therefore the D-League, do not allow numbers on the jersey that are not the player's individual number. The Delaware 87ers mess this allllllll up by putting "SEVENS" on their jerseys, instead of "SEVENERS". How will this team even have jerseys? Their only option is "RAPTORS" which I personally wouldn't like. I think the D-League team should be separate from the NBA team when it comes to whats on the jersey. Maybe they write out "NINE OH FIVE"? I cant think of any other option. It seems like even this logo itself wouldn't be allowed on the front of a jersey, if they decided to go the way of the Spurs' alternate or Clippers road.

The name is simply outright stupid (I'm gonna guess the area code thing is thanks to our buddy Drake). If they wanted to have the Raptors link displayed so prominently, they should have just called them the Mississauga Raptors, and everyone would call them the Missy Raps or Baby Raps with zero confusion. I pity the sports announcers and anchors who'll have to make this 905 thing work. As for the logo, it's actually about as good as one can expect given the horrid name. I've yet to see a "numbers" team have a good one. They've included several aspects of the parent team's new identity while somewhat cleverly utilizing the general shape of basketball lines for the numbers. For a minor league team stuck in a city where minor league teams go to die and/or generally be ignored, it won't really matter one way or the other. It will be interesting though to see if they can outdraw the OHL given the demographics of the area (previous Canadian league teams have been a bomb there, but the NBA clout might give this iteration a fighting chance).

I am genuinely worried about how this brand is going to be used in the real world. The NBA, and therefore the D-League, do not allow numbers on the jersey that are not the player's individual number. The Delaware 87ers mess this allllllll up by putting "SEVENS" on their jerseys, instead of "SEVENERS". How will this team even have jerseys? Their only option is "RAPTORS" which I personally wouldn't like. I think the D-League team should be separate from the NBA team when it comes to whats on the jersey. Maybe they write out "NINE OH FIVE"? I cant think of any other option. It seems like even this logo itself wouldn't be allowed on the front of a jersey, if they decided to go the way of the Spurs' alternate or Clippers road.

Instead of the team name across the front, have a corporate sponsor. Problem solved.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

am I the only one that thought it should be named Mississauga Huskies and/or at least used purple. Either one would direct positive attention, plus merchandise sales would likely increase with either option. And booting out the CNBL team like the league doesn't exist doesn't quite help Canada look like they take basketball seriously.

Archived