2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.bengals.com/team/jersey-colors.html

white at home vs Chargers Week 2

orange vs KC and HOU

I don't get why teams choose white at home based on the number of the week and not the actual date of the game. The Bengals wore black at home the same time last year and shut out the Titans. Was the fact that it was Week 3 really a factor in deciding the uniform?? Doesn't make sense to me. The season is starting a week later this year.

Look for the Seahawks to wear white or gray pants in St. Louis. In the three matchups since getting the new uniforms, they have worn the gray pants twice and the white pants once.

Now would that be the gray pants they've worn occasionally in the past few years, or the wolf gray we hear so much about? I'd like to see those wolf gray pants... they must be fascinating. The ones we've seen just look like everyone else's gray.

Cowboys will wear the beautiful underused Navy jerseys 4 times this year: @PHI, @MIA, @NO and @TB

As of now it looks like they're wearing white on Thanksgiving.

What's the source? The GIants are wearing white at Tampa Bay the week before, so I guess the Bucs want to force the Cowboys to wear navy just to mess with them.

http://dal.247sports.com/Headline/Cowboys-scheduled-to-wear-blue-jerseys-four-times-in-2015-39307645

Panthers will go blue alts on the first 2 away games (JAX, TB) in Florida, then again on Thanksgiving in DAL

"The Panthers can wear their electric blue alternate jerseys just twice in a season, and usually they reserve at least one of those times for a home game. Carolina did get an exception to the NFL rule and will be able to wear the blue jerseys a third time on Thanksgiving at Dallas.

But with two games in Florida in the first four weeks of the season and the home team wearing white, the Panthers opted to use their alternates in Jacksonville and Tampa Bay."

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article34732827.html

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Seahawks to wear white over blue (Twitter).

Wow, yep. I believe that's the first time other than Super Bowl 48 that the Seahawks have announced their uniform combo before actually wearing it. I'm also surprised (and disgusted) that they chose to go with blue pants. It's going to be an ugly matchup.

Cowboys will wear the beautiful underused Navy jerseys 4 times this year: @PHI, @MIA, @NO and @TB

I thought Buffalo was going to be one of those games.

Looks like the Buccaneers have become one of those teams. By "one of those teams" I mean liking to mess with the Cowboys.

http://www.bengals.com/team/jersey-colors.html

white at home vs Chargers Week 2

orange vs KC and HOU

I don't get why teams choose white at home based on the number of the week and not the actual date of the game. The Bengals wore black at home the same time last year and shut out the Titans. Was the fact that it was Week 3 really a factor in deciding the uniform?? Doesn't make sense to me. The season is starting a week later this year.

The Bengals wore white at home against the Ravens in 2010 on the 19th, which is close to the 20th. CIN wore white against ATL for the home opener in 2014, so I guess it makes sense they would do the same against the Chargers.

The Bengals have worn orange against almost every AFC team except for Baltimore, Denver, Miami, and the New York Jets.

Looks like the Buccaneers have become one of those teams. By "one of those teams" I mean liking to mess with the Cowboys.

and there are certainly no "climate" reasons for the Saints to wear white in a dome

and there are certainly no "climate" reasons for the Saints to wear white in a dome

With the exception of 2007 (in which they wore black jerseys for all home games), Payton has had the Saints wearing white for the first three and black for the last five. Payton picked up that "white at home" habit from his days with the Cowboys. My preferred home look would be the black jerseys and gold pants, though.

I'm doing a franchise as the Browns in Madden 16 (DON'T ASK WHY) and I decided to test out the real life match up. The combo is very in your face and there should really be some white numbers on the brown jersey.

29gn8zn.png

I can't find a word to express how awful this looks. This jersey, pants and socks combo could seriously be the worst in the NFL...

Wow, yep. I believe that's the first time other than Super Bowl 48 that the Seahawks have announced their uniform combo before actually wearing it. I'm also surprised (and disgusted) that they chose to go with blue pants. It's going to be an ugly matchup.

Lots of navy blue going on in that matchup. That's why I hate the uniform matchup no matter what combos are worn.

Some of the quirks annoyed me, but for a while I wasn't too anti the new Browns uniforms. Then I used last year's set in Madden (with this year's helmets) and came to the conclusion they made a huge mistake that needs to be rectified ASAP.

Keep the new brown facemasks, use the new orange, add striped brown socks to go with the home jerseys, throw in orange pants, and the Browns should never change again. What an error they made.

That is such a Browns move I'm not even surprised. I don't think they even wore that combo at the unveiling. Orange pants with orange socks is going to look terrible. Orange pants with brown socks would've been one of the few salvageable combos of the new garbage, but no can't do that, could you, Cleveland? You always have to do the absolute most wrong thing possible.

That team is so stupid it's annoying and I say that as a fan of a rival team. Get it together

PvO6ZWJ.png

This is the first time the Browns will wear orange pants since week 10 of the 2004 season, which was against the Steelers (James Harrison recorded his first sack in this game).

v6lOXrH.gif

that blue CBS scoreboard on the top right just brought back so many nostalgic memories.

No kidding. I always prefer watching the NFL on Fox, but that CBS presentation was pretty classic.

bSLCtu2.png

Lots of navy blue going on in that matchup. That's why I hate the uniform matchup no matter what combos are worn.

Maybe the Rams will pull a shocker and decide to wear gold pants. But I am not going to hold collective breath.

I'm doing a franchise as the Browns in Madden 16 (DON'T ASK WHY) and I decided to test out the real life match up. The combo is very in your face and there should really be some white numbers on the brown jersey.

29gn8zn.png

I can't find a word to express how awful this looks. This jersey, pants and socks combo could seriously be the worst in the NFL...

Imagine if they had white jersey numbers and nobs, with white socks and matching sleeve striping in the centre of those socks ... that could actually look halfway decent (for Browns standards).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

orangefaniniowa wrote:

"Maybe the Rams will pull a shocker and decide to wear gold pants. But I am not going to hold collective breath."

Do the Rams still even have those gold pants in their repertoire? I don't remember the last time they even played in them.

When they move to LA next season those dark blue pants have got to go!!

If the Rams go mono today and Seattle does wear their dark blue pants it's going to be in the top 5 WORST looking uniform matchups of Week 1

The Bills are one of the teams who don't announce their jersey schedule to the public like many other teams do.

Dallas doesn't come to the Ralph until 27-December but I too would like to see the Bills wear white jerseys, but with the blue pants for that game.

Also, I have heard that the home team can change their minds even after submitting their jersey choice in summer.

Only Dallas vs Buffalo matchup ever where the Bills wore white and Dallas wore blue was in 1984. Buffalo won 14-3

Archived