2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad that the Jets are wearing green pants with their white jerseys. Their all white look is now (since the Browns set fire to their ancient all white garb) one of the worst in the league. Hope we don't see much of it (or if they do they wear the solid green socks with it) in 2015.

Disclaimer...Hopefully I didn't offend anyone with this post.

Enjoy hating on Cleveland's uniforms. Tampa Bay cedes their title of "most whined about uniforms in the league" to ya'll in 2015!! :)

Cowboys will wear the beautiful underused Navy jerseys 4 times this year: @PHI, @MIA, @NO and @TB

As of now it looks like they're wearing white on Thanksgiving.

I thought Buffalo was going to be one of those games.

Looks like the Buccaneers have become one of those teams. By "one of those teams" I mean liking to mess with the Cowboys.

The Bills are one of the teams who don't announce their jersey schedule to the public like many other teams do.

Dallas doesn't come to the Ralph until 27-December but I too would like to see the Bills wear white jerseys, but with the blue pants for that game.

Also, I have heard that the home team can change their minds even after submitting their jersey choice in summer.

Only Dallas vs Buffalo matchup ever where the Bills wore white and Dallas wore blue was in 1984. Buffalo won 14-3

The home team can change their mind but they have to go through procedures to do so. 1) They have to notify the visiting team and it is their decision to make the change. 2) It is up to the NFL front office to approve the change. The home team can't decide that back in July they want a colored uni and then at the last minute decide to wear a white uni or vice versa. It just doesn't work that way.

21396204661_27b96c8b91_o.png

this looks a lot better.

At first glance, it looks like #6 is going to get drilled in the plums. :)

I don't mind the orange/brown/orange, but again, the Browns on the pants and the orange socks look terrible.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

COy2UDDXAAAZpD_.jpg

Browns going orange/brown/orange/orange? Ugh.

There's no defending this. Good taste is dead.

The Browns are so stupid.

When I pictured this, I thought it would be awful.

This looks worse than what I pictured.

I wish the current Browns ownership would just sell them to somebody that really cares about the team, and its past history. They had one of the Top 5 uniforms in the NFL, and now they are just pathetically bad.

Seattle looks good in their blue/white/blue combo. I think their helmet could use some more neon green though.

San Diego in all white is very blah, especially when matched against Detroit who looks particularly good wearing their blue jerseys out in the sunshine.

Tampa Bay looks less gaudy in white pants, but still not good. Watching TB v. Tennessee make me think I despise shoulder yolks.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Are the Jets' pants a darker green this year? Maybe it was just the TV reception.

Seahawks, you couldn't wear white or gray pants today?!

Browns, just awful.

Bills, you couldn't wear blue pants?!

Bears, starting the season with throwbacks??!! Panthers, starting the season with the alternate blues?!

Raiders, oooh you poor Raiders, LOL. Still sharing a stadium with a baseball team. Great uni's though. Bengals, ughhhhh. Always terrible.

Chargers looked incredible. All white, all season, please. NO white/blue/blue. Ever.

Anyone remember when the Skins wore burgundy/white/burgundy at home?

J'ville, go back to uni's you wore when the NFL invited you in, please.

Are the Jets' pants a darker green this year? Maybe it was just the TV reception.

Seahawks, you couldn't wear white or gray pants today?!

Browns, just awful.

Bills, you couldn't wear blue pants?!

Bears, starting the season with throwbacks??!! Panthers, starting the season with the alternate blues?!

Raiders, oooh you poor Raiders, LOL. Still sharing a stadium with a baseball team. Great uni's though. Bengals, ughhhhh. Always terrible.

Chargers looked incredible. All white, all season, please. NO white/blue/blue. Ever.

Anyone remember when the Skins wore burgundy/white/burgundy at home?

Bills were wearing throwbacks, which is why they didn't wear blue pants.

Panthers were wearing alternate blues because they didn't want to wear black in Jacksonville.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Breaking down Week 1's uniform match-ups:

Steelers (b/w/y/b) @ Patriots (s/b/s/b) B

Both teams looked solid in their usual home and road combinations. The Steelers' look is a classic, and the Patriots' is a modern staple at 15 years old. The outstanding SBXLIX Champions patch the Pats wore makes this uniform match-up better.

Bears (throwbacks) @ Packers (y/w/y/g) A-

Two classic uniforms here. The only thing that stops this from being an A+ is that I think the Bears' primary jerseys are much better than their throwbacks. Also, I'm not a grey facemask guy.

Seahawks (b/w/b/b) @ Rams (b/b/b/b) D

Both teams with yoga pants, way too much blue. The only thing that saves this is that the Rams have an awesome helmet and the Seahawks' uniforms are decent.

Panthers (s/lb/s/lb) @ Jaguars (wtf/w/w/b) D

I've never been a fan of the silver and light blue alternate uniforms for the Panthers. Not enough contrast between the light blue jersey and silver helmet and pants. Jaguars' helmet doesn't help anything.

Dolphins (w/w/w/a) @ Redskins (r/r/y/r) B

I know that the modern Dolphins' uniforms are controversial around here, but I'm a fan. Redskins were wearing their best combination. Mismatched stripes on Washington and lack of orange for Miami make this a B.

Colts (w/b/w/b) @ Bills (white throwbacks) B-

Colts' blue uniforms look great outside, but they still need a double blue stripe on the helmet and a facemask that isn't grey. Bills' throwbacks aren't my favorites, with the grey facemask and a striping pattern I'm not a huge fan of. Too much white on the field for my liking, as well.

Browns (o/b/o/o) @ Jets (w/w/g/w) F

Worst uniform match-up of the week by far. The Browns intentionally decided to double down on a bad uniform by choosing one of the worst possible combinations. Seriously, I've seen traffic cones that are less vibrant than the Browns' orange pants and socks combo. The Jets did themselves no favors by using the green pants which break my personal rule of never wearing dark pants with a light helmet. Also, mismatched greens.

Chiefs (r/r/w/r) @ Texans (b/w/w/b) A-

I love this match-up. The Chiefs wore their best combination, with traditional design and colors at their best. The Texans showed modern uniforms at their finest with the all white look.

Saints (g/w/g/b) @ Cardinals (w/r/w/r) C

Saints wearing their best road look by far. They need to burn the black pants. Not a fan of the Cardinals' uniforms from the blank helmet and grey facemask to the piping-filled mess underneath. Great colors though.

Lions (s/b/s/b) @ Chargers (w/w/w/b) B-

Not a huge fan of the Chargers' uniforms, but I like the all white. Lions' Honolulu Blue uniforms look great outdoors.

Ravens (b/w/b/b) @ Broncos (b/o/w/b) C+

I like the Broncos' orange uniforms, but the side panels don't help anything here. Add in the Ravens' yoga pants and black-heavy look and you get a C+.

Bengals (o/w/w/o) @ Raiders (s/b/s/b) B

I'm actually a fan of the Bengals' uniforms for the most part, and the Raiders' are a simple classic. Solid match-up right here.

Titans (w/b/w/b) @ Buccaneers (p/w/w/p) C-

Titans wore white pants, which is what they should always wear. Buccaneers minimized the deficiencies with their uniforms. Not a great match-up, but certainly not the worst.

Giants (b/b/s/b) @ Cowboys (s/w/s/b) C

I can't stand the Cowboys' mismatched everything. They always look awful to me. I'm not a fan of grey in the Giants' uniforms. I understand it has a history, but I still don't like it. Also, not a fan of the lack of red on the blue jerseys.

The ones with the Jaguar across both shoulders and the silver pants?

8g0pfpqig6vhxgf4q5ts53hvy.gif

No thanks.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived