2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

CRcvpMUUsAAT5Jo.jpg

Let's brag about how many uniform combos we have....but wear the same thing every week.

Just because you CAN wear endless combinations doesn't mean you SHOULD. There are a few combos I'm still looking forward to seeing, but I'll take this over the matching pants/socks disasters any day of the week.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CRcvpMUUsAAT5Jo.jpg

Let's brag about how many uniform combos we have....but wear the same thing every week.

Just because you CAN wear endless combinations doesn't mean you SHOULD. There are a few combos I'm still looking forward to seeing, but I'll take this over the matching pants/socks disasters any day of the week.

When a team has worn the same boring combos for 60+ years, I think it's time to mix it up.

Orange pants look 100x better with the brown jerseys.

Eagles in black is terrible, but we all know that. I'd love them in mono green once with this set, and I also think they could pull off a full don't-call-it-wolf gray uniform too. Anything but black. The jerseys and pants both need to be burned.

No thank-you!!

They did that in 1997 on Monday Night Football against San Fran, and it was beyond awful. See for yourself:

2417891.jpg4-13-10+SFC+article.png

72527142-nov-1997-wide-receiver-j-j-stok

They wore it in 2002 as well. I'd rather them go mono-green than anything involving black jerseys or black pants

fcb06948874c38cca980f9865c9e51e0.jpg

But they haven't done it since they modified the uniform in 2003 to include silver in the pants stripes (among other minor changes.) I think that change alone would make it better becaue the pants tie in to the jerseys and helmets much better than before. They also haven't done it with the new Nike fabrics, which could also have a positive effect by matching (at least jersey and pants) better (though I think that at night, the old metallic fabrics are far superior.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Was the whole color v. color thing abandoned before it even got started? It's week 5 and we haven't had one yet. Color me relieved.

It isn't mandated but just something the league was trying to encourage this year. My guess is that they are encouraging it this year b/c they have something mandatory planned for Thursdays next year.

It pains me to post that the Bills are going mono-blue against the Bengals on Sunday. :oops:

https://twitter.com/billsequipment

billsvbengals_monoblue_zps5t40rdbv.png

I've always had a soft spot for the Bills, but I hope they lose by 45 this week. They can win out afterwards, as long as they don't do so in monochrome.

It also pains me to wish this to such a great football town but that combo is definitely worth a 49-0...

CRcvpMUUsAAT5Jo.jpg

When a team has worn the same boring combos for 60+ years, I think it's time to mix it up.

Orange pants look 100x better with the brown jerseys.

77a66d392eddd6bd249105471ab7899fb2434de5

Gotta strange feeling the Titans will wear white at home again tomorrow. If that is the case, they will likely wear them in all of their home games just like they did last season. I think the ownership doesn't care about wearing the colored jerseys one bit. That is unfortunate but I am thinking it will happen again this year.

Mandatory Third Jerseys sponsored by FanDuel and DraftKings!!!

*shoots self in face*

Everything in sports is now sponsored by daily fantasy sports. It's become really tiresome.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Gotta strange feeling the Titans will wear white at home again tomorrow. If that is the case, they will likely wear them in all of their home games just like they did last season. I think the ownership doesn't care about wearing the colored jerseys one bit. That is unfortunate but I am thinking it will happen again this year.

A rebuttal--at least for the home games vs Atlanta & Carolina

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedules/2015-uniform-schedule.html

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-jersey-schedule-2015/a0334221-5946-4cc9-8e84-db98cc2e7445

Let's brag about how many uniform combinations we have but then wear the same thing every week.

When the Browns wear the brown jerseys/white britches/brown socks combo against the Donkey's on Sunday, it will be the first time in the regular season they have worn a combo twice. So your comment isn't correct.

Game 1- Brown/Orange/Orange

Game 2- White/White/White

Game 3- Brown/Brown/Brown

Game 4- Brown/White/Brown

Game 5- White/Brown/Orange

A rebuttal--at least for the home games vs Atlanta & Carolina

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/schedules/2015-uniform-schedule.html

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Panthers-jersey-schedule-2015/a0334221-5946-4cc9-8e84-db98cc2e7445

And usually their uniform schedule (Falcons, Panthers, or any NFL team that puts their uni schedule on their website) isn't 100 percent accurate. Like the famous saying goes, "I will believe it when I see it".

Generally, I'm a fan of my Titans looking as much like the Oilers as possible... meaning tons of Columbia and white. Also, I hate monochrome unis... But in the VY era, the navy on navy Titans look really won me over, despite myself. I'm sure it's an insanely unpopular decision, but I'm excited to see it in action again.

Archived