2015 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos

canzman

It's a shame, Packers-Cardinals should be one of those classic, top-of-the-list old school matchups, just like Packers-Bears or Chiefs-Raiders are. But as long as Arizona insists on dressing like the Arena League, it'll never be as great as it should be.

I mean, in my opinion? This is gorgeous:

040423_tilman_vmed.grid-4x2.jpg

That is nice. But IMO this (although very subtle) is better...

3605-889624Fr.jpg

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So will the Panthers wear white at home again next weekend?

And if they do, will the Cardinals wear all-red like they did last year in the Wildcard Round?

Yes, and maybe. Arizona might want to switch it up from last year.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Seahawks looked great. Carolina for me is meh blah.

AZ has sucky sucky uni's, so does NE. Denver's side jersey and pant stripes are awful. So for me, the uni's all SUCK. SUCK. SUCK. Damn you Pitt/KC/Minny/Wash!

And yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy! No blue/blue end zone matchup in the SB! Blue for AFC, yes, but a red or a black for the NFC. Hooray! lolololol

I mean, in my opinion? This is gorgeous:

There was nothing "gorgeous" about the old Cardinals uniforms. Just dull and boring like their team usually was. The Cardinals were complete horse crap for about 75 years of their existence. Again, their home uniform is very solid now and why some of you keep beating the horse of how "arena league" they are, is beyond some of us.

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed.

Post Season Championship Round

AFC Championship
Patriots @ Broncos
YooK6Kv.jpgfHT1JHx.jpg
NFC Championship
Cardinals @ Panthers
cmSvh9b.jpgbvCRFUx.jpg

17 hours ago, BrianLion said:

Still don't love the home whites for Carolina. Black is their best look.  

17 hours ago, jp1409 said:

The silver helmets are ruining these without silver pants...

There best look is the blue alts...and I agree the silver helmets look so out of place with the all white.

21 minutes ago, hbgoo1975 said:

they should.

Super Bowl XLVIII:

466643693_10.jpg

Super Bowl XXXIII:

20140128__BroncosFalcons012814c'~p1.jpg

Super Bowl XXXII:

terrell-davis.jpg?w=516&h=300

Super Bowl XXIV:

Super_Bowl_XXIV_9118314_0_0.JPG

Super Bowl XXII:

dexter_manley_1988_01_31.jpg

Super Bowl XX:

SuperBowlXXI.source.prod_affiliate.4.jpg

Super Bowl XII:

1d98d02a56e2485d522319f6a76ebe94.jpg

So the Broncos are:

0-4 in Orange.
1-1 in White.  With the Super Bowl XX white jersey being my all time favorite Broncos jersey.
1-0 in Blue.

Do they dare wear the blue alt in the SB?  What are the refs going to do - not let them play?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Since I know it will be asked here is why I picked the teams I did for the Pro Bowl images. I picked the Panthers as one of the 2 teams since they have the most players voted to the Pro Bowl this season and I picked the Browns for the other since Joe Thomas will be appearing in his 9th consecutive Pro Bowl and I could be wrong but I think he is the first player to go to 9 in a row starting with his rookie year. Yes, I know Junior Seau holds the record for consecutive Pro Bowls with 12 but his first was his in second season not his rookie season. I know the Browns are not that great but that is one unbeivable accomplishment for Joe Thomas.

Pro Bowl
Team Rice vs. Team Irvin
j4IHAPI.pngtp5pzmY.png

On January 18, 2016 at 0:06 AM, dennisbergan said:

I mean, in my opinion?  This is gorgeous:

There was nothing "gorgeous" about the old Cardinals uniforms.  Just dull and boring like their team usually was.  The Cardinals were complete horse crap for about 75 years of their existence.  Again, their home uniform is very solid now and why some of you keep beating the horse of how "arena league" they are, is beyond some of us.

There can be a happy medium.  The Cardinals should look traditional, but they don't need to look like they're wearing practice jerseys.

On January 18, 2016 at 1:06 AM, dennisbergan said:

There was nothing "gorgeous" about the old Cardinals uniforms. Just dull and boring like their team usually was. The Cardinals were complete horse crap for about 75 years of their existence. Again, their home uniform is very solid now and why some of you keep beating the horse of how "arena league" they are, is beyond some of us.

I can explain it pretty simply: people just have different opinions. And that's okay; that's how it works. 

I just personally think that the Cardinals, being one of the oldest franchises in the league, should honor that. What looks boring to you is simple, effective, and a perfect representation of a 118 year old franchise to me.

But even besides and outside of that, thier current design in and of itself makes no sense. What's the idea? What's the point of the random white splotch things on the side of the jersey? Why a shoulder yoke all of a sudden? What's the point of black piping when it gets completely lost on and against the cardinal color? Why the overused Broncos rip-off tapered pants stripe? I see no reason nor rhyme for anything from the neck down besides jumping onto the modernwagon for the sake of doing so: essentially the criteria of a typical Arena League uniform (which for the record, I find Atlanta especially guilty of as well). In my opinion, a franchise that is 118 years old should never find itself in that kind of a hole.

So there's why I beat that horse. But again, that's only my opinion and not staunch fact. No one's right or wrong here. You're completely entitled to your opinion.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived