Reebok unveil new uniforms for UFC

faux

Reebok, who somehow continue to exist have unveiled the new uniforms for the UFC in one of the most cringe worthy displays I have seen. The introduction of these extremely bland designs will see the end the of the fighters choosing their own designs and colorways and takes away their opportunity to make munch needed money from multiple sponsors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H8HmbK8lGI

GettyImages-479063834.0.jpg

The rest of the uniforms are the same design but just a few different colors dependent on the nationality of the fighter.

i guess i'll be the forst to say i like these. i think they're very bold, modern, clean, and all around have the right personality. i like that each country gets their own colors and it doesn't matter that they all share the same template, this is about UFC branding, not nationality branding. the Reebok logo is definitely an eye-sore, but overall, i say good job.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

They are alright, but letting each fighting have his own ring fighting gear was much better, having tap out, and mma elite, and what ever else was much better with all the different tshirt and trunk designs you would see. This also takes sponsorship money away from the fighter which is bad for them. You wouldn't see boxing sell out to even Nike for this

i guess i'll be the forst to say i like these. i think they're very bold, modern, clean, and all around have the right personality. i like that each country gets their own colors and it doesn't matter that they all share the same template, this is about UFC branding, not nationality branding. the Reebok logo is definitely an eye-sore, but overall, i say good job.

As a standalone design I think they are fine, but MMA is an individual sport not a team or national one and this takes away their individuality, something that is especially important in combat sports. Additionally, the fighters in the UFC are contractors not employees so I don't know why they are allowed to be forced to wear these. You don't see golfers all playing in the same uniform for example.I realize this is a sports design website and the main focus is the aesthetics but this whole deal makes me angry as it is terrible for the fighters and does nothing but make those running the organisation richer than they already are.

EDIT: Also if you thought the price of retails were bad for the NHL, NFL etc. the retail price for these t shirts are $95.

Hey you want to fight in ufc you agree to their rules. Dana white needs a new exotic car or another mansion he gets it. The fighters are at his mercy unless they're willing to join another promotion that allows individual sponsors.

Archived