Fanshawe Falcons

Underdog519

Hey everyone,

Just messing around and came up with a concept for my old college. Fanshawe College in London. Varsity teams go by the falcons.

Here is the main logo and word mark, secondary mark and uniforms to come.

Any thoughts?

19392339445_b793da175e_c.jpg

19204727810_be9b1a410c_c.jpg

19206137569_62749dfdb5_c.jpg

This is very well executed. Falcons have a downward hook at the end of their beaks, to tear at their prey with. Adding that hook would help complete this logo.

The black band across the eyes gives it a bandit vibe, but I don't know of a real species that looks like this?

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

This is just realistic enough that it's good, but not too realistic that makes it seem like a picture. Good work.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

Hey everyone,

Just messing around and came up with a concept for my old college. Fanshawe College in London. Varsity teams go by the falcons.

Any thoughts?

My thoughts on this would be: If you are at all serious about entering the world of logo designing I would highly recommend using the logos found online strictley for reference purposes to assist you in creating your own unique logo design that can be proudly posted here. Please do not be offended or take this the wrong way, the thing is...there are so many great concepts being posted here on a daily basis by so many talented people who work very hard on their designs and many times don't get the attention others end up getting for work that simply belongs to someone else. At the end of the day using someone else's work as your own only hurts your potential and credibility of possibly becoming a great artist someday. So again, take this as constructive criticism not as an attack on your potential skills and build from it so you can come back with your very own logo concept. Good luck, hope to see some original work from you soon.

stock-illustration-5542779-cardinal-head

Hey everyone,

Any thoughts?

My thoughts on this would be: If you are at all serious about entering the world of logo designing I would highly recommend using the logos found online strictley for reference purposes to assist you in creating your own unique logo design that can be proudly posted here. Please do not be offended or take this the wrong way, the thing is...there are so many great concepts being posted here on a daily basis by so many talented people who work very hard on their designs and many times don't get the attention others end up getting for work that simply belongs to someone else. At the end of the day using someone else's work as your own only hurts your potential and credibility of possibly becoming a great artist someday. So again, take this as constructive criticism not as an attack on your potential skills and build from it so you can come back with your very own logo concept. Good luck, hope to see some original work from you soon.

stock-illustration-5542779-cardinal-head

I could defend my actions like an idiot and try to cover things up, but I won't. Yes I copied a stock image. I have been designing for about 4 years freelancing and have wanted to break into the sports media and design industry for a while. I had such a hard time with trying to get a good looking bird that I ended up just reusing this one. I agree it was very stupid of me and probably does hinder my image from here on out. I don't take that offensively at all ren69, in fact I welcome it. Its a kick in the ass.

If you guys don't mind, I love love another chance to prove you to you guys that I have the knowledge and talent for this. I see amazing concepts on a daily basis by regular posters and wish I could be as talented as them. Again, I am not trying to defend my actions, just owning up.

So what do you guys say?

Archived