Blues logo cocnept is missing something

1insaneguy

Hey everybody! I was trying to make a roundel logo for the St. Louis Blues without using their "wing note" logo. I kept the Gateway arch and added gold/yellow to it, I made 5 lines (representing sheet music and water) at the bottom to show that St. Louis is on the Mississippi River, and the words St. Louis Blues to it. I also included the color red to represent Missouri's flag (and because the Blues once used red). But the problem is that it needs something else. I'd like some advice on what to add or take out. A bit of advice on how to make the arch look more 3d would be great as well.

bluesconceptlogo1_zpsryf49rli.png

Losing the text would be a start. It's better to keep something like this simple and not be distracted by text.

Ok, should I put something in its place?

move the text to the outer circle. Also, round out the arch more, use a pic for reference.

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Losing the text would be a start. It's better to keep something like this simple and not be distracted by text.

Ok, should I put something in its place?

move the text to the outer circle. Also, round out the arch more, use a pic for reference.

Yeah, what I'm wondering about, is there a way to do that on paint.net? If there is I'd really like to know because I've tried everything I can think of. If not, are there any programs you can recommend for me to use that can do that?

Also, I was using a picture of the Blues current alternate as reference which probably wasn't a smart move on my part.

I see now what you mean. It's wider than I originally thought.

A Blues logo without the classic winged note will always be missing something, especially if you are including the 5 lines from sheet music. How about including all the notes of the first line of the song?

bvd126tpt1.png

Back in the red era, they did have a secondary that included a trumpet, that actually wasn't bad. You might be able to do something with that.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

First thing I thought of when I saw this was "McDonald's"

Also, you will need to come up with something pretty good, IMO, to get people excited about a logo without that famous winged note..

That is one of the best, iconic logos in the NHL. It works on so many levels, and it is instanty recognizable without being over the top in any way.

I love that Blues note logo. Looks great on a ball cap, shirt or anything else.... Including, of course, the jersey!

I have no problem with your attempting it, but there are a few logos that I think are perfect, and the Blues are one of them. I hope you can come up with something that pops, because if you can break through my love for the original logo, I think you'd really have something special.

You might want to change the color of the Gateway arch. Since it's currently yellow, it looks like part of an advertisement for McDonald's. Also the real arch is more rounded than what you have here.

I looked at a couple of pictures because jaker52 recommended it, and I'm now seeing that I made it skinnier and less rounded.

A Blues logo without the classic winged note will always be missing something, especially if you are including the 5 lines from sheet music. How about including all the notes of the first line of the song?

bvd126tpt1.png

Back in the red era, they did have a secondary that included a trumpet, that actually wasn't bad. You might be able to do something with that.

I'm also thinking maybe a treble clef (you know those twirly things at the beginning of music) after seeing this picture. That trumpet idea is cool. I think I have an idea for it but I'm not totally sure what I'll do yet.

Sorry but the St.Louis Arch looks like a McDonald's French Fry Arch. I suggest making it silver/grey with a gold trim.

Hey that's not a bad idea, actually I'll see what I can do.

First thing I thought of when I saw this was "McDonald's"

Also, you will need to come up with something pretty good, IMO, to get people excited about a logo without that famous winged note..

That is one of the best, iconic logos in the NHL. It works on so many levels, and it is instanty recognizable without being over the top in any way.

I love that Blues note logo. Looks great on a ball cap, shirt or anything else.... Including, of course, the jersey!

I have no problem with your attempting it, but there are a few logos that I think are perfect, and the Blues are one of them. I hope you can come up with something that pops, because if you can break through my love for the original logo, I think you'd really have something special.

Alright, I will see what I can come up with here. (And yes, I like the blues logo too, I just thought it looked a little out of place on the current roundel.)

Sorry but the St.Louis Arch looks like a McDonald's French Fry Arch. I suggest making it silver/grey with a gold trim.

That's what I was going to say. Also, I like how you incorporated sheet music into the logo. Ihave to say though, that I like the new Blues color scheme better than this one. I would like to see this logo in those colors, as I think that that would make it look good.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

So before I start making changes I want to get this clear.

I should:

Take out red

Add a trumpet

Keep the arch, but make it wider and rounder and also silver.

Keep the sheet music but present it better. (By adding musical notes or something to show it's music.)

..and try to make it impress GK Warren, without using the wing note logo. ;)

(Is that all of it?)

So before I start making changes I want to get this clear.

I should:

Take out red

Add a trumpet

Keep the arch, but make it wider and rounder and also silver.

Keep the sheet music but present it better. (By adding musical notes or something to show it's music.)

..and try to make it impress GK Warren, without using the wing note logo. ;)

(Is that all of it?)

Yes. But if you made all these changes, it'd result in an entirely different logo

Archived