Chicago Fire Logo Fix (Updated July 6)

TylerG

Why the half look? You honestly did nothing to improve the look, but took things out that didn't need to be taken out other than the gradient

He also took out that grey, and added the sc which are both improvements, I do agree that the half look doesn't work. Maybe make the middle one color and the fins or whatever you call them, the other color

Why the half look? You honestly did nothing to improve the look, but took things out that didn't need to be taken out other than the gradient

I like the orig. better.

Favorites: Dallas Cowboys, New York Yankees, New York Rangers, New York Knicks, Cam Newton ND Irish

Least Favorites: New York Giants, New York Mets, Washington Capitals, Pittsburgh Penguins, Philadelphia Eagles, OBJ

He also took out that grey, and added the sc which are both improvements, I do agree that the half look doesn't work. Maybe make the middle one color and the fins or whatever you call them, the other color

^agree with this

Overall, I wouldn't say this is a fix. Sorry. The two-tone shield doesn't work. Although, maybe if you tried the colors at 45 degrees so there's a more logical split within the shield. I would also stick to one color for the "C," regardless of where the split takes place.

I liked the grey and would argue it is necessary because those points, when separated from the central element, better represent the Chicago flag stars; the white doesn't really take away from anything, though.

Lastly, I'm not sure what gradient has been referenced in previous posts. I've checked the Fire website and CCSL and I'm not seeing a gradient.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

The update is definitely an improvement of their current one, but please remove the "SC." It doesn't make sense to use a nickname and then FC or SC, it feels tacked on. If you want it badly, just make it "Chicago FC".

Except the team's full name is Chicago Fire Soccer Club.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived