2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

While I agree that jersey is a step up from what they wear now, how would you achieve those sleeves nowadays? Most players have theirs so short you would be able to get the white in but not any red.

And that Alouettes logo has always reminded me of an oil company.

At least in our area, doesnt remind me of any ohter commercial mark. While I agree its very "70's", its also the symbol of a team that went 4 times to the final between 75 and 79, and one championship.

But your comment is welcome.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree that jersey is a step up from what they wear now, how would you achieve those sleeves nowadays? Most players have theirs so short you would be able to get the white in but not any red.

And that Alouettes logo has always reminded me of an oil company.

Something like a sleeve insert like the Colts use would work fine for these.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The CFL uniforms I've seen all need an update to the fabrics they're using, so as long as the new company provides that, I'll be glad. And yeah, even though there are some winning looks (which it shouldn't be too hard to leave untouched) there are plenty of teams that seriously need a makeover.

What's wrong with the fabrics? I do agree that there are teams that need a makeover. The Roughriders, Stampeders, the Eskimos' road jersey, Winnipeg, and Montreal, would probably benefit from a makeover. Ottawa's jerseys aren't too bad, though the number font isn't great. I'd say they could be improved but I think since they are only playing their second year in the CFL, I think the RedBlacks, who need a new name more than anything else should leave their look alone for now. I'd even argue that the Lions could use some striping on the arms on their home and roads, though I like all three of their jerseys.

If half of the teams in the league need a "makeover" then it's time to move on

Not if the alternatives will lead to more then half the teams needing a makeover.

Reebok/Adidas is easily the lesser of the three evils.

Montreal doesn't look great.

The last uniforms unveiling was a deception for me.

Many many fans are asking the Als to get back to the great late 70's unis and they denied.

Alouettes%2078%20Road%20Randy%20Rhino.jp

Those are nice, but I don't think Montreal's current look is that bad. It's a bit slapdash, but it definitely works for them.

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

montreal_alouettes_2010_grey_cup_champio

Alouettes_VS_Roughriders_06_08_20101.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Conversely, white helmets make Montreal look much better

1_80867.jpg

mcpherson940-8col.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Montreal could pull off the look described above with a recoloring of the Rams road jerseys.. I don't mind a colored yoke if done nicely, and Montreal's isn't horrible.. I just don't like it when teams use so much color on their "white" jerseys that they are barely white anymore

The CFL uniforms I've seen all need an update to the fabrics they're using, so as long as the new company provides that, I'll be glad. And yeah, even though there are some winning looks (which it shouldn't be too hard to leave untouched) there are plenty of teams that seriously need a makeover.

What's wrong with the fabrics? I do agree that there are teams that need a makeover. The Roughriders, Stampeders, the Eskimos' road jersey, Winnipeg, and Montreal, would probably benefit from a makeover. Ottawa's jerseys aren't too bad, though the number font isn't great. I'd say they could be improved but I think since they are only playing their second year in the CFL, I think the RedBlacks, who need a new name more than anything else should leave their look alone for now. I'd even argue that the Lions could use some striping on the arms on their home and roads, though I like all three of their jerseys.

Not if the alternatives will lead to more then half the teams needing a makeover.

Many many fans are asking the Als to get back to the great late 70's unis and they denied.

Those are nice, but I don't think Montreal's current look is that bad. It's a bit slapdash, but it definitely works for them.

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

I think that is one amazing looking game. Montreal's jerseys look pretty good in that modern cut.

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

I think that is one amazing looking game. Montreal's jerseys look pretty good in that modern cut.

The jerseys look pretty good but goddamn that's one fugly logo

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

Delete please

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

That's not much better.

mtl_79741.jpg

You know, thats canadian football, where's nothing is perfect LOL

You'd be surprised how many fans bought the vintage cap.

Heck, I even got a cap with this logo from the past

MontrealAlouettes66.GIF

I always liked that ^ Alouettes logo (just the bird's head, not the rest of it) the best. I know it's way too much of a past era to return (as much as that saddens me) but I wish there could be some sort of modernization that retains the abstract spirit. idk, the Hawks were able to return to their Pac-Man logo, so why not this?

As I've already mentioned, the triangular one reminds me of an oil company, and the current one is definitely the worst in pro football to me. I mean, come on:

300px-Montreal_Alouettes_Logo.svg.png

Looks like arena football meets 90s make-every-mascot-a-badass-even-birds. And given Montreal's history of creative/artsy sports logos, it's pretty disappointing that they're still using this.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Say what you will about Nike/Adidas/Under Armour, but if one of them gets the contract and markets it properly it would bring some much needed attention to the league. Imagine if Nike promoted the new uniforms as much as anything else they promote.

Adidas already has the contract, as Adidas owns Reebok. The "Reebok" brand is being phased out of the team apparel market so I wouldn't expect much of a splash if Adidas renews. They'd just switch out the Reebok logos for Adidas logos.

With Nike or UA? Maybe. Nike CAN make a show of something if they think it's worthy of promotion. Just look at their NCAA portfolio. The big schools get the unique designs and heavy marketing blitz. The smaller schools order their uniforms out of a catalogue. Nike already has the NFL contract, so I doubt they'd see much value in promoting the CFL. You'd probably see most of the league go with template designs because of, well, the catalogue.

UA would probably make a big deal out of it, which would be great if I thought they'd do good work. The biggest media/marketing blitz in the world isn't going to accomplish anything if most of the league looks terrible.

Say what you will about Nike/Adidas/Under Armour, but if one of them gets the contract and markets it properly it would bring some much needed attention to the league. Imagine if Nike promoted the new uniforms as much as anything else they promote.

Adidas already has the contract, as Adidas owns Reebok. The "Reebok" brand is being phased out of the team apparel market so I wouldn't expect much of a splash if Adidas renews. They'd just switch out the Reebok logos for Adidas logos.

With Nike or UA? Maybe. Nike CAN make a show of something if they think it's worthy of promotion. Just look at their NCAA portfolio. The big schools get the unique designs and heavy marketing blitz. The smaller schools order their uniforms out of a catalogue. Nike already has the NFL contract, so I doubt they'd see much value in promoting the CFL. You'd probably see most of the league go with template designs because of, well, the catalogue.

UA would probably make a big deal out of it, which would be great if I thought they'd do good work. The biggest media/marketing blitz in the world isn't going to accomplish anything if most of the league looks terrible.

I don't know why you have such little faith in UA being unable to make good looks for the CFL. There only duds when it comes to uniforms are Maryland's Pride Uniforms, and the Wounded Warrior project uni. everything else has been far superior to adidas' crappy designs, and reebok who are still using ripon templates and mesh material for the CFL.

Vaguely related to this thread: The Riders' online store is selling T-shirts of all the CFL USA teams.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I always liked that ^ Alouettes logo (just the bird's head, not the rest of it) the best. I know it's way too much of a past era to return (as much as that saddens me) but I wish there could be some sort of modernization that retains the abstract spirit. idk, the Hawks were able to return to their Pac-Man logo, so why not this?

As I've already mentioned, the triangular one reminds me of an oil company, and the current one is definitely the worst in pro football to me. I mean, come on:

300px-Montreal_Alouettes_Logo.svg.png

Looks like arena football meets 90s make-every-mascot-a-badass-even-birds. And given Montreal's history of creative/artsy sports logos, it's pretty disappointing that they're still using this.

Maybe just the A would look good. Or that simplified bird head? What is an allouete anyway?

"Alouette" is the French name of the lark.

I don't know why you have such little faith in UA being unable to make good looks for the CFL. There only duds when it comes to uniforms are Maryland's Pride Uniforms, and the Wounded Warrior project uni. everything else has been far superior to adidas' crappy designs, and reebok who are still using ripon templates and mesh material for the CFL.

Reebok is Adidas. As for the Ripon templates? Good. I don't have a problem with them.

As for UA? They, like Nike, seem to suffer from a case of too much creativity. They seem enamoured with the idea of "change for the sake of change." I fear for the teams that I feel currently have perfect or near-perfect looks if they got the contract.

You also need to remember that this would be UA's first shot at a league contract. They'd probably go all out, which means a lot of that excess of "creativity" would be on display.

Archived