2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ottawa wore the signature jerseys the second time this season:
crop_21862630902.jpg

Though I think they should wear it in the playoffs they also wore it against Montreal this year and last:

2015:crop_21609513611.jpg

2014:
crop_20798013741.jpg

They also wore it against Toronto last year but missed the opportunity this year to wear it when Toronto wore theirs

crop_20940250258.jpg

crop_21651612748.jpg

And then dreadfully debuted it last year vs Calgary...
crop_20668753845.jpg

This is one of the signatuer uniforms that should stay and I hope they wear it in the post season. the team it looks best against is Montreal but Ottawa in red vs Montreal is always good looking.
Canada Day 2005:
Korey-Banks-Bo-Rogers-Ottawa-Renegades-2

zyyMk1d.png

Some people I work with are on the Riders forum and they were saying the manager of the Rider Store in Regina posted on the forum (or someone who heard from the manager) that the teams will be unveiling the Adidas jerseys in the spring.

The signature jerseys will be no more as it was just a Reebok thing and the Bombers are expected to be going back to the royal blue, which I think was mentioned here.

IbjBaeE.png

Not going to lie, I like this Montreal set:

crop_21867894848.jpg

Those would be okay if it weren't for the white paneling and the 2002 pants stripes (that have no tie-in to the jersey nor the helmet stripes).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So, Ottawa never figured out how to make that plaid helmet work, huh?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Some people I work with are on the Riders forum and they were saying the manager of the Rider Store in Regina posted on the forum (or someone who heard from the manager) that the teams will be unveiling the Adidas jerseys in the spring.

The signature jerseys will be no more as it was just a Reebok thing and the Bombers are expected to be going back to the royal blue, which I think was mentioned here.

The all-white set (storm trooper) the Riders wear is gone too. No more white helmets. Which, while unique in the CFL, never really fit the Riders. The Adidas take-over shouldn't require everyone to make a change, since Adidas and Reebok are practically the same company, so this must be the will of the team to have a uniform change.

I would just go with something simple. Don't go full classic, keep the current logo, but they don't need to have piping and mis-matched panelling with the pants if they can avoid it.

My buddy and I were just talking about that the other night. Seems so silly.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

My buddy and I were just talking about that the other night. Seems so silly.

Sadly, looked like it would complete the look

Honestly, drop the big logo on the front for numbers and add that helmet and I think you have a cool (albeit a bit gimmicky) look

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

The all-white set (storm trooper) the Riders wear is gone too. No more white helmets. Which, while unique in the CFL, never really fit the Riders. The Adidas take-over shouldn't require everyone to make a change, since Adidas and Reebok are practically the same company, so this must be the will of the team to have a uniform change.

I would just go with something simple. Don't go full classic, keep the current logo, but they don't need to have piping and mis-matched panelling with the pants if they can avoid it.

Saskatchewan has to go back to their throwbacks full time. They are way too good for them not too.

But see, while there's always money in the banana stand throwbacks, there's also money in dropping a new look every few years. You don't want to narrow those two revenue streams down to one, because there are enough people out there who will buy whatever you trot out as new, even if it positions the team's logo as a tramp stamp.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

But see, while there's always money in the banana stand throwbacks, there's also money in dropping a new look every few years. You don't want to narrow those two revenue streams down to one, because there are enough people out there who will buy whatever you trot out as new, even if it positions the team's logo as a tramp stamp.

It's sad but you do have a point.

Archived