2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were never able to force the NFL to do it, I don't see them doing the same to the CFL without a new contract.

Multiple NFL teams and players wore TechFit jersrys. Also, the NFL holds a lot more sway about the specifics of an apparel contract than the CFL ever would.
Adidas tried putting all the Giants players in Techfit, but I'm not aware of any other team or players wearing it outside of practice jerseys.

Players on the Colts, Packers, and Bengals also wore it.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Would it be cheaper to just slap an adidas logo on one of the older jerseys? Yes. Then that is what they will do

Yes it would be cheaper, but why would Adidas do that? Adidas would most likely give the CFL the shockweb template. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't.

Would it be cheaper to just slap an adidas logo on one of the older jerseys? Yes. Then that is what they will do

Yes it would be cheaper, but why would Adidas do that? Adidas would most likely give the CFL the shockweb template. It doesn't make sense that they wouldn't.
They already have the CFL and they haven't yet.

but its under the reebok brand, not adidas. that is the difference. Once it goes under Adidas they will have to switch to Techfit to stay with Adidas' branding not reebok's

but its under the reebok brand, not adidas. that is the difference. Once it goes under Adidas they will have to switch to Techfit to stay with Adidas' branding not reebok's

I think they've seen enough backlash from the shockweb, that they'll likely stick to just the techfit, especially since so many of their college teams have gone away from the shockweb.. They recently revamped their techfit template as well, which would benefit some teams due to their uniform design

Adidas has already proven that they don't care about that. They stuck the NFL, a league under the Reebok brand at the time, in techfit. Why is this so hard to understand? If Adidas wanted the CFL in their cutting edge space-age materials and templates they'd be wearing them right now.

You keep asserting that the "brand" matters. It doesn't. So long as the league is with a brand under the Adidas umbrella? Adidas has the power to push their templates if they want to push them. They've done it under the Reebok brand before, so there's no reason to assume the Reebok brand would stop them now. The fact that they haven't pushed the new templates means they don't want to in the CFL's case. Which means they probably won't if they renew their contract under the Adidas banner.

So stop getting hung up on the Reebok/Adidas thing. It's not the difference you keep insisting it is.

End of story, reebok is viewed as a mid level sports apparel company currently, with a switch to Adidas they will want to switch to their better template (it is better than the ripon templates and materials they currently have) to go with them being a premium product. Branding is extremely important to these companies and Adidas would want everything to be within their branding, except for the teams that don't want to switch over to their templates which even happened to Nike when they got the NFL contract, but doubt many will not switch if any at all.

Just now watching last night's Riders/Lions game and noticed the Riders are wearing the home green hats with the away write jerseys and green pants. With all the piping, it still looks like :censored:e, but a decent change up.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

The RedBlacks helmet is terrible. I don't like any plain shells without a middle stripe (especially white), so like the Cardinals, their helmet feels incomplete. Even a simple reversal of the colors (black shell, white or silver saw blade, and a red or black R) would look so much better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

No baseball with the break and I noticed football on TSN which is the only interesting sport on the air tonight. I wanted to give CFL a shot but saw Montreal uniforms and turned off the tv immediately. What an eyesore...

Anyone watching Saskatchewan BC tonight? The rough riders are wearing the ugliest uniform in a long time. I can't get pics now, but it involves black pants, a helmet without a logo, and neon green gradients

I wish there would be a logo on the helmet, but other that, I think that set actually looks pretty good.

Came to this thread looking for photos from this week's games.

Left disappointed.

Yeah, there's been a paucity of images ITT.

Anyone watching Saskatchewan BC tonight? The rough riders are wearing the ugliest uniform in a long time. I can't get pics now, but it involves black pants, a helmet without a logo, and neon green gradients

Here ya go:

11224438.jpg?size=620x400s

Compare with BC:

11224420.jpg?size=620x400s

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Came to this thread looking for photos from this week's games.

Left disappointed.

Yeah, there's been a paucity of images ITT.

Here ya go:

11224438.jpg?size=620x400s

The Riders' unis look just as good as the team has this year.

Utter horse manure.

Archived