2015 CFL Uniforms

docrocket

Some pics from various webistes of the Hamilton/Winnipeg game:

bombers.jpg?w=618&h=408&crop=1

crop_21616293814.jpg

11277672.jpg?size=620x400s

Later in the game, those yellow numbers were looking downright orange on my TV. Really bad.

I'd like to see some consistency in that Hamilton uniform. Triple stripes on the sleeves, Braisher stripes on the pants, and nothing on the helmet. I'm not sure how I feel about the white outline on the numbers, given no other white associated with stripes.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was talk last week about how small some helmet logos were, and it was mentioned that it was the current helmets that made the logos look small.

I think this screenshot just shows that the logo is just small...

image.jpg

It seems to me that Edmonton is the worst offender is the micro decal semi-phenomenon in the CFL.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

There was talk last week about how small some helmet logos were, and it was mentioned that it was the current helmets that made the logos look small.

I think this screenshot just shows that the logo is just small...

image.jpg

It seems to me that Edmonton is the worst offender is the micro decal semi-phenomenon in the CFL.

Part of the problem is the logo is seen as off-center on the helmet (per tradition). But it looks silly to have the logo 1/4" above the earhole, and then huge space between the logo and the stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Argos in the signature series tonight. That helmet honestly redeems the rest of the jersey.

I wish the Argos would just switch to that helmet full time, and switch the logo for the sailing boat. About that jersey, I absolutely hate the 'A' on the front, but there's something about the jersey and uniform that I can't quite explain that I really like about it.

The football boat is my least favourite Argos logo. Shield A. Jason. Block A. New York Giants-esque "ARGOS" wordmark. All are improvements. The boat is just so...dated. I can't explain it. I love more traditional looks, but the boat just doesn't seem traditional. Just old.

I like the current Argos logo best. I'm with you Ice_Cap.

I think the reason is the boat logo seems too minor league or "cartoon-ish" if that makes sense.

I love the current home/away uniforms and I agree with Chewbacca, if they just adapt the signature series helmet (or even better, a blue version of it) with the current home and aways, you have a look that is a winner.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I'm not a fan of the multiple helmet craze and still find it funny that the CFL has them and not the NFL, but if you are going to do it, I wish the Alouettes had a white helmet to go along with the white pants they wear once in a while. It would be a good look.

The Argos also look pretty good in powder blue. Too bad nobody watches them. I would prefer them going back to the Jason shield logo, though. More character than the A on the shield logo.

I'm not a fan of the multiple helmet craze and still find it funny that the CFL has them and not the NFL, but if you are going to do it, I wish the Alouettes had a white helmet to go along with the white pants they wear once in a while. It would be a good look.

The Argos also look pretty good in powder blue. Too bad nobody watches them. I would prefer them going back to the Jason shield logo, though. More character than the A on the shield logo.

Montreal has white lids..

Just very rarely wear them

Argos' white helmets should be their regulars.

+ bring back the boat logo please...

1976-19882732.jpg

That would instantly be in my top 10 logos in all of sports.

I could not agree more strongly! Love the Boatmen logo... and this from a Calgary fan...

22eb89183f6e207bcbce03d4e0b1474d.jpg

1976-19882732.jpg

I could not agree more strongly! Love the Boatmen logo... and this from a Calgary fan...

Ditto--Stamps' fan who likes the boat logo...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

1976-19882732.jpg

Ditto--Stamps' fan who likes the boat logo...

And you can add this BC Lions fan to those who love that logo, though I wish the Lions would be as good on the field as this logo is.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived