Michigan Returning To Nike

scraw28

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would a school like Michigan, with their traditional home jerseys, have the new nike template (whatever it's called) and add such a subtle thing as an M on the collar? Or would they opt to not use the newest Nike template?

They'll probably move right into the Mach Speed template. They currently have the M at the back of the neck on both jerseys so i could see them placing it at the front.

I imagine they'd place the Nike logo there like old times.

I don't think they will. Nike used to do that for other teams as well, but nobody currently has the swoosh on the collar. Most likely the block M will be there.

I don't think they will. Nike used to do that for other teams as well, but nobody currently has the swoosh on the collar. Most likely the block M will be there.

Size wise, it won't make sense to put it at the neck. Not when they are paying Michigan more than any other team.

Size wise, it won't make sense to put it at the neck. Not when they are paying Michigan more than any other team.

They're only paying U of M more than any other team because this is the most recent top-tier school signing. The next time Alabama, tOSU, etc. sign it'll trump this one. (Same reason Cam Newton makes more than Tom Brady.) The size of the contract won't make any difference on where the swoosh goes.

amen. adidas putting piping on those away uniforms was just plain awful.

Actually, the piping began at the end of the first Nike era.

72735470-wide-receiver-adrian-arrington-

I thought those were very nice and overall, pretty harmless, as far as piping goes. Looks like classic Michigan to me.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived