Milwaukee Admirals - New Logo & Jerseys Coming Soon

Sec19Row53

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would they keep the old alt, outdated logo and all?

It's vintage!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

That would be the old alternate, introduced a couple years after that logo was unveiled.

Doesn't look like they have a new alt. Yet.

In that pic, it looks like the panels are navy. The old one had black, no?

Apparently that is their alt...I did read somewhere last night that they were keeping the same alt, but changing all the black to navy. Completely lazy and stupid if you ask me...especially keeping use of the old logo, which IMO now looks horrible compared to the new one. Hopefully they come to their senses and come up with a new alternate and scrap the old one. This almost seems unprecedented.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

The only way keeping and recoloring the old alt makes even the slightest bit of sense is if kids' merch with the old logo was flying off the racks, and they want to keep it in the rotation. And even then, it's still incredibly dumb. :censored: or get off the pot, Milwaukee.**

**also the title of my short-lived Wisconsin morning show

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Holy hell, it's perfect. The socks are dumb, and the recolouring of the alt is dumb, but otherwise they nailed.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• 2 weeks later...

100% upgrade. Although the light blue, dark blue, and skull combination reminds me of someone....

2413657-skeletor.jpg

Skeletor%20Admiral_zpshumk975w.png

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I really like this set and pretty much everything about the brand..

The MA logo is pretty neat to me (although I really don't like teams that use initial logos representing their nickname instead of their city), because although it's kinda forced, I can only imagine it's use will be in a context that takes the majority of the guess-work out of the equation.. It's a nice evolution through the logo set..

1. Primary - all wordmarks and imagery presented clearly

2. Partial Primary - mascot/nickname imagery, solid

3. Bone "A" - bone motif extended to nice looking block A created from bones matching primary logo

4. Bone "MA" - bone motif stretched even further, a bit of a reach in a vacuum, but matches well with identity and other logos within the set when used in appropriate context.

I also like the old alt still being used, since it's basically just a kiddie/cartoony version of what is now the character depicted in the primary.. I would prefer to have Ren take a crack at modernizing that logo slightly to fully match the branding within the new logo.. Wouldn't be too hard for them to have already done that, and would be getting much less hate if they had.

Archived