Classic College Football Uniforms

kineaggie05

What's Your Favorite Classic College Football Uniform?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Discrimihater actually GT is changing their homes back to Dark Blue and different style fonts for numbers. Nortre Dame has returned back to the simple root which is cool, they have dropped the gold side panels on away uniform. Since the intro if helmets never had colored face masks. As opposed to alot of other teams. I believe Alabama is the only to really never change any aspect of their uniforms with the exception of white helmets a couple of times. They have held solid thumbs up to the Tide for that. Penn State face masks only. Tennessee has dabbled a few times but have pretty much remained solid. Michigan stole their helmets from either Delaware or Princeton but it goes great with Wolverines so nuff said there.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Since you left Wisconsin off the list, I voted for Ohio State. Though even if you put UW on the list, I probably still would've voted for the Buckeyes. They have a look that can be distinguished at a glance and can boast the coolest pride stickers in college football.

On the other hand, Wisconsin's unis are like the Kansas City Chiefs of college football. They both have classy looks that have stood the test of time, yet always get overlooked. And both have found a way to keep the numbers on the sleeves instead of moving them to the shoulders.

Now if only I could find a way to get ahold of an Al Toon throwback jersey...

snappers_sig.gif

Dubya's thoughts on "terrorist" nations: "They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

I went Penn State. They're about as simple as you can get and they look amazingly good. However, all these jerseys are proof that you don't need lots of piping or striping or anything 'modern' to stand out.

I would have voted for ND... with them being my favorite team and all and the tradition behind those gold helmets -- but their jersyes have gone through some changes through the years.

IUe6Hvh.png

I hope people don't get the idea this is a "my favorite team" poll.

The teams listed in this poll all have the classic college look... however the following schools DO NOT;Miami Univ., Maryland, West Virgina, UCLA, the list goes on. These teams do have a distinctive look, but too many of them are trying to shed some image or trying to get one, almost like they are trying to line up with the "pro" look.

i agree with someof the teams you put down. much as i hate UCLA, however, i'm gonna stick up for em cus i hate U of South Central more. their changes have been more experimentation with the number fonts than anything else. the rest of the uniform has only been changed slightly (i.e. the Ucla script is a little beefier than it was 10 years ago). just figured i'd point that out.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I would have voted for UCLA, but for some reason the gold helmet with the navy blue script of "UCLA", with no other navy on the jersey just bugged the crap out of me.

My vote was for Penn State, because of their simplicity.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

Those of you who pointed out the change in Nebraska's uniform, thank you. I don't know how I forgot about those, and in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have included the Cornhuskers. Additionally, I probably should have included Wisconsin, Tennessee and Syracuse (with the exception of their new orange threads).... If you really think about it though, only a few of the teams listed have true "classic" uniforms because in the early days there were no emblems on helmets. They only had numbers, if anything at all.

Those of you who pointed out the change in Nebraska's uniform, thank you. I don't know how I forgot about those, and in retrospect maybe I shouldn't have included the Cornhuskers. Additionally, I probably should have included Wisconsin, Tennessee and Syracuse (with the exception of their new orange threads).... If you really think about it though, only a few of the teams listed have true "classic" uniforms because in the early days there were no emblems on helmets. They only had numbers, if anything at all.

don't beat yourself up, that Nebraska thing was a one year mistake, like those...those THINGS Tennessee wore in 02. thankfully last year both teams came to their senses and returned to what was working

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I'm a Buckeye, so I'm probably gonna get shot for this, but I think Michigan has the best uniforms. The maize home uni with the gold numbering is stunning and discirnable above all else IMO. #2 is ND WITH side paneling, for some reason that just pushes it over the top for me. And #3 is THE Ohio State University :D

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

Archived